• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Good Luck To fatbutnot4eva...

Thanks, i didnt want to say exactly how i was feeling so not to make anyone think omg..but i think its best to know to be honest. I might be completely different from someone else someone else might think its plain sailing (very much doubt it) but this is my experience and although I feel quite crappy I dont regret it at all.
I have three children 7, 5 and 2 and the eldest ones have been fab my youngest has probably fell out with me as he has spent most of teh week at nanna and grandads.
when i was in hospital they asked me did i need a sick note and asked 3 times, i am a full time mum so no work for me thank goodness in all honesty you will need at least a week, I went in on monday had op at 3.30pm and am just starting to feel a little better but I could NEVER in a billion years get up and do a full days work. I am lieying on sofa getting up, checking emails, going loo, back to sofa and i will do same tomorrow and saturday. On sunday its my dads 60th and we all go out for a meal (no nice food for me boohoo)
I hope i will be pretty normal on monday.
I took kids to school today and no one knows i have had it done etc.. i manage to look and walk normal haha normal lol and i dont think anyone had a clue so must look ok.
You will be fine honest, just dont expect to get home and go to tesco for your soups etc... walking to the loo or bed is probably all you will want to do. with all my kids i have given birth to them got home from hospital then next day got them dressed and took them off to show them off round the trafford centre lol.... no chance after having wls.

also top tip - if you dont have lots of pillows get to tesco they have 4 for a tenner, i had my 3 last night and borrowed my youngests (while he was sleeping at nannas - i didnt remove them from under his head haha) 3 pillows and slept really well with pillows propping my belly so i could sleep on my side.

also cant remember who gave me a soup tip - baxters luxury beef commotte (or something like that) I opened it and though ong i have paid £1.50 for a tin of oxo, it was lovely so thanks to you xxx

also had a glass of pure orange juice last night and hubby got me some gripe water and wind is all but gone today and i have had a poo (might have already told you that lol ) xxx

Hi, i am really enjoying watching your progress, i had my pre op at Hope the day you went in and was thinking of you, though in the end i was long gone by the time you went down !! good luck and keep updating us, as already said it really helps us who are getting ready for surgery xx

Thanks, It is really an odd feeling although it was only Monday it seems ages ago.
Just got home from picking the kids up from school and feel a bit wacked and the dreaded wind has come back, bloody trumps lol !!
Not long now till your surgery are you excited ?
Helen x

Helen, i take my hat off to you you really are doing great and so quickly, i was in hospital 5 days after my op and couldnt really do anything not that there was much to do in there anyway! From my memory it took 2 wks before i was up and about feeling normal, good luck with your weightloss, the good bit starts now!

Hi Helen, do you know what when Gill, the secretary rang to give me my date i put the phone down and turned into a quivering wreck, but the following day and ever since i have just felt so excited, finding this website has been an amazing plus, its so informative and everybodies dead friendly, for the first time in my life i almost feel normal !!!
Anyway, its 10 days tommorow and counting, just hope i am up and about as soon as you, i have four children but abit older than yours so dont want to be out of it for too long.
Keep your updates coming there great x

oh my god, oh my god DO NOT I repeat do not think you are super human 3 days post op YOU ARE NOT !!

last night I had half a tin of soup (was full up but then the bite of that butty might have played a part (different thread)) and 20ml of paracetamol for afters lol. fell asleep on sofa at 9pm, youngest woke at 10pm and all i could do was leave hubby to deal with him and go to bed. Hubby slept in single bed with youngest and i slept (stupid word) stayed in our bed. woke at 1pm unable to move a muscle without a ripping pain through my chest and upper belly, I used the metal bed head to try to help me lift my body but no i was there lay there incapable of moving so lay there.
I drifted back off but woke every 20 mins or so till a bit before 6am when I thought come on you need to get yourself up (my youngest daughter lost her 2nd tooth yesterday so i needed to play toothfairy before she woke). so I semi rolled huffing grunting and puffing (god alone knows what next door thought) then used the bedhead to winch me up. god did it hurt i could have said every swearword i knew.
woke hubby up at 6.30am and he did kids packed dinners breakfasts, last nights pots etc etc..god i am lucky i have someone for all you that might not be as lucky ask for help, and all you that have someone a day or two for them to be off work is not enough, if they can they need a week off with you. anyone who has done this alone bloody hell you are good
he then phoned in work told them he would be late, took the girls to school dropped the youngest at my mums and has just gone to work.
at 7am he gave me my tanzaparin injection, well before he gave it me i got all overwelmed and cried my eyes out, one because i just feel incapable of doing normal things and 2 the thought of the bloody awful injection (which isnt as bad as the thought of it) but hey i had to have it and hubby just said come on your ok HAHA men !!!
I then took all my dressings off as there was a manky smell coming from one, 2 of them have weeped yellow stuff so hubby redressed them all for me the two that have weeped are where most pain is coming from the two that are under my left boob which i think is where my port is and where i am bruised the most, lovely as mr ammori is i think when you are out of it they might be a little rough !!
so day 4 started off badly and more pain than any of the other days which is why I was updating (back to the point) yesterday I walked kids to school and back walked to my mums, picked youngest up carried him upstairs to bed, peeled veg, did washing and drying and dishwasher etc etc... It was all too much and let it be a warning to you all PUT IT OFF TILL YOU ARE FEELING 100%.

sorry for a bit of a negative post but I still know i have done the right thing just didnt prepare for taking quite so long to get over it.
xxx
Helen

My Gastric Band Diary

oh my god, oh my god DO NOT I repeat do not think you are super human 3 days post op YOU ARE NOT !!

last night I had half a tin of soup (was full up but then the bite of that butty might have played a part (different thread)) and 20ml of paracetamol for afters lol. fell asleep on sofa at 9pm, youngest woke at 10pm and all i could do was leave hubby to deal with him and go to bed. Hubby slept in single bed with youngest and i slept (stupid word) stayed in our bed. woke at 1pm unable to move a muscle without a ripping pain through my chest and upper belly, I used the metal bed head to try to help me lift my body but no i was there lay there incapable of moving so lay there.
I drifted back off but woke every 20 mins or so till a bit before 6am when I thought come on you need to get yourself up (my youngest daughter lost her 2nd tooth yesterday so i needed to play toothfairy before she woke). so I semi rolled huffing grunting and puffing (god alone knows what next door thought) then used the bedhead to winch me up. god did it hurt i could have said every swearword i knew.
woke hubby up at 6.30am and he did kids packed dinners breakfasts, last nights pots etc etc..god i am lucky i have someone for all you that might not be as lucky ask for help, and all you that have someone a day or two for them to be off work is not enough, if they can they need a week off with you. anyone who has done this alone bloody hell you are good
he then phoned in work told them he would be late, took the girls to school dropped the youngest at my mums and has just gone to work.
at 7am he gave me my tanzaparin injection, well before he gave it me i got all overwelmed and cried my eyes out, one because i just feel incapable of doing normal things and 2 the thought of the bloody awful injection (which isnt as bad as the thought of it) but hey i had to have it and hubby just said come on your ok HAHA men !!!
I then took all my dressings off as there was a manky smell coming from one, 2 of them have weeped yellow stuff so hubby redressed them all for me the two that have weeped are where most pain is coming from the two that are under my left boob which i think is where my port is and where i am bruised the most, lovely as mr ammori is i think when you are out of it they might be a little rough !!
so day 4 started off badly and more pain than any of the other days which is why I was updating (back to the point) yesterday I walked kids to school and back walked to my mums, picked youngest up carried him upstairs to bed, peeled veg, did washing and drying and dishwasher etc etc... It was all too much and let it be a warning to you all PUT IT OFF TILL YOU ARE FEELING 100%.

sorry for a bit of a negative post but I still know i have done the right thing just didnt prepare for taking quite so long to get over it.
xxx
Helen

I hope no one minds (esp cuppa cocoa) if I amend the title (if i have done it right), wanted to do a diary sort of thing and think its great it starts with my good luck messages.
Thanks
x

nope didnt work... any ideas ?

Hi my lovely, sorry you had a rough night, sounds like you did a bit too much. Just remember your not super woman and try and rest today as much as you can.

The person who started the thread can change the title.

Take care x

I am so hungry my belly is rumbling so much my chest is hurting.
this liquid diet is soo boring !

Sorry you are having such a tough day today. I think you probably over did it yesterday particularly lifting your little one. Try and take it easy don't forget you have had major surgery. Might be worth getting those wounds checked to make sure there is no infection.

hi
well another horrid day here, bad nights sleep and painful hubby had to come in at 3am (he was asleep in youngests room) to help me out of bed !!!

I know i have had surgery but is it support to be this painful, getting in and out of bed is murder as is out of a chair and bath.
its like my stomach muscles are ripping in two.
I am on day 5 now and I am support to be on liquids for 2 weeks but i had weetabix very runny for breakfast I just needed some real food in my belly.
no more pain than i was inbefore having them so shoudl be ok.
my stomach is constantly rumbling causing pain all in my chest.
I am normally quite tough! but this is taking its toll now.
x

The pain you describe when trying to move in bed etc. finally eases between day 7 and 10. It's the only thing had me regretting having the op. You feel like a standed turtle! Lack of decent sleep got to me until I was able to lie on my side but stick with it kid - it does get better honestly.

Lynda

I was just the same, the pain getting up was awful! Luckily i was in hospital(kept in 5 days after op) i used the stand i had for my drip to pull myself up when i wanted to go for a walk or to the loo, the pain was terrible and as you described along with feeling that my stomach was on fire! It did improve quite quickly though and by day 7 it was much better. Glad you've decided to take it easy, your body knows best!!!!! hope you feel better soon xxx

Thanks, Had weetabix again today hoping I have not done the pureed food to early but I was starving.
Feeling loads better than yesterday and managed most of the night in bed well till around 3am when i got hubby to help me out of bed and got on teh sofa and fell asleep till 7.30 woohoo.
still hurts but not half as bad so feeling much better than goodness, also its my dads 60th birthday so we have been there put balloons and banners up and are going out for lunch / tea (hope teh soups good)
not had any paracetamol since last night so that must be a godo sign. I have only just had my weetabix and my belly is rumbling already (not sure why i am not hungry)
xxx
helen

hello
How much better do I feel today - wow I can actually bend over
feeling great - quite hungry but scales are coming down so its all good
x
1 week todasy so not bad going at all
thanks for all yoru kind words x

Hi
No not received the diet sheet yet, they said they posted it on Friday !!!
Its a shame that it let the NHS service down after all Mr Ammori's hard work

Back