• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

good news

perkyprincess

i had my first consultation today and it all went well. i have to lose 10lbs but my next appoinment is not until august but at least thats progress. we have decided that i will have the bypass im a little scared but its more scary thinking what it would be like to not be having the surgery. i may also have to see a psychiatrist but that wont have an effect on my surgery. i have been told that the wait for surgery may take me up till xmas but hey its worth the wait. xx

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!
good luck with you're journey hope everything works out well for you .X

Great news, your not actual that far from me, so maybe we could start a support group, or have social meeting once every couple of months to swap info etc. surely there must be more of us around here? :)

hi yeah it would be great to start a support group my nearest one is in sunderland so its a bit of a journey. i wouldn't know where to start though. im so happy to have found this site when you tell people you are going to have weight loss surgery they are very quick to judge you so its great to be able to chat with people who understand what you are going through and dont just think your lazy and just taking the easy way out.

hi yeah it would be great to start a support group my nearest one is in sunderland so its a bit of a journey. i wouldn't know where to start though. im so happy to have found this site when you tell people you are going to have weight loss surgery they are very quick to judge you so its great to be able to chat with people who understand what you are going through and dont just think your lazy and just taking the easy way out.
Only skinny people would think it is taking the easy way out.
Its like me saying to someone with Bolemia.....Why dont you just eat something! it's all down to ignorance. ;)

hi are you a sunderland patient ? and where do you live as our next support group is tomorrow night at SRH

hi are you a sunderland patient ? and where do you live as our next support group is tomorrow night at SRH

hi yeah i am. I met yourself and sarah back in august on the 26th at the bariatric seminar. i would love to come tomorrow but i am working, thank you for the invite though when is the next one?

hi and welcome to wls, at least now you have the ball rolling. It is now just a question of progress by losing the 10lbs and patience until your next appointment in august. Look forward to hearing more. xx

Just wanted to say hello and welcome - bit belated i know, but i wasn't around when you introduced yourself a couple of weeks ago !
I'm a fellow Teessider (couple of villages down the coast past Saltburn)
Just had my op and all the impatient waiting of the past two years seems like just a distant dream !!
Hope to see you at the next Sunderland meeting

hi

hi im from north yorkshire , also waiting for surgery at sunderland my next appointment is in may i need to loose 8lb by then a support group would be fab a bit closer to home ! i need suport , good luck with your meight loss xx:)

Hello :eek::)
Well done on getting the ball rolling. Stick with losing the 10 lbs you can do this. It will give you time to get your head around the op date. I was lucky to get a cancelation and had two weeks notice and had to do a pre op diet. I was scared and did not know if i was ready to have the op. I am a asthmatic and the doctor explained the op to me and asked if there were any questions. The whole team have been fantastic and it was the best decision i could of made.

:):) Lel

hi a few people have mentioned having a meeting a bit closer to home but i wouldnt have a clue where to start. it would be a good idea though.

we could maybe just organise a get together ? and go from there any ideas ? x

Back