• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

good news

debbieb

woo-hoo...good news,
just got a letter from my pct, funding has been approved for my gastric bypass...i didn't even have to do anything, my surgeon did it all for me {thank you mr leeder}, so i'm approved for funding, i'm on the list, all i need now is a date !...this is going to be the worst bit, just waiting !..how will i know my date, will it be a letter ? will it be a phone call? :bliss::bliss:

That's excellent news x

Congrats! Have you had all your pre-op tests then or will they do that whilst you are on the list?

Well done, I'm in the same boat as you hun, would judt like to know when x

I had mine done at Derby as well once you get the funding approved it is 6 months from then. You will get a phone call from his secretary Helen and it is basically 'you are having your op in 2/3 weeks come and see us for your pre-op diet' lol it is really that quick. Can't compare it to any other centres that do it but I found Derby very good from the morning I went in for my operation to the aftercare I received afterwards on the ward the nurses where excellent !!!

Good luck you are about to go on an amazing journey x x

well done on getting approved for surgery, all the best for the future, here to a new healthy life style :)

barbara xx

so pleased you got your funding,,,best of luck with the journey x

great news. you must be so happy. what a relief. cannot wait for that feeling! good luck getting your date quickly xx

I hate to put a damper on your good news, but the waiting list at Derby now stands at 1 year!! I am on the list there too, and it is so frustrating having to wait so long. Good luck xx

I had mine done at Derby as well once you get the funding approved it is 6 months from then. You will get a phone call from his secretary Helen and it is basically 'you are having your op in 2/3 weeks come and see us for your pre-op diet' lol it is really that quick. Can't compare it to any other centres that do it but I found Derby very good from the morning I went in for my operation to the aftercare I received afterwards on the ward the nurses where excellent !!!

Good luck you are about to go on an amazing journey x x
hi, thanks for that. x i notice you are from nottinghamshire as well, where abouts ? i am from new ollerton near mansfield.

Congratulations, it won't be long now it will fly by, Karen x

Back