• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got a call asking where I was !

Undecided

Called the ward on Thursday just to make SURE they knew I wasn't coming, and to pass the info onto the surgeon. Asked them twice, would they definately pass the message on. I already told him myself of course, but wanted him to be sure.

Of course I got a call last night while in car with mam asking where I was. Not impressed that the guy I spoke to didn't tell anyone I called.

Then of course I got questions off my mam who had overheard the word surgery. I had to lie to her. Makes you wonder what else they don't bother to do !

Doesn't Mr Schroeder have a secretary?
Lynne x

I asked for her number. All they would give me was the number of the ward. Was told it was best to ring them so thats what I did.

Forget that, i'm wondering why you were keeping it a secret from your mother?...

I have never told my mom, so I can understand that someone would not want to tell ones parents mine is very controlling lol and at nearly 41 I still get told off. Just hope I'm not like it to my daughter xxx

I can also understand the not telling parents, Ive mentioned sugery to my mum who is also overweight and she told me i was stupid and i should just diet ....

The secretaries don't work weekends so you could not have contacted them.
I know you changed your mind at last minute but probably best if you give Mr Schroeders secretary (Val Dunnigham) a ring on Monday and explain you did leave a message with ward staff member to tell them you would not be coming in and she will make sure Mr Schroeder knows you tried to contact someone.
All the best for future.

Last edited:
I'd only told one person. My mam already has a lot going on at home. It wouldnt be fair to have added that on top of it all.

I did tell him when I spoke to him. Was just told to tell the ward so mentioned it to them while on the phone.

I'd only told one person. My mam already has a lot going on at home. It wouldnt be fair to have added that on top of it all.

I did tell him when I spoke to him. Was just told to tell the ward so mentioned it to them while on the phone.

Ahh, i understand now. Mom don't need extra stuff swirling round her head as well as the other stuff xx

Back