• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So fed up of being given wrong info re-wls

Linski

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Why is it so difficult to get the correct information from the so called proffessionals?

Am I interfering too much? I am just so down and upset and I can't help it!

Because of the problems with Walsall Manor, my age and health I am looking for an alternative hospital to avoid the 18 month wait for my op.

Re - referred to Telford - lost referral AGAIN.
Told Gp needs to refer to Russells hall first. Called them to check was told no problem, brilliant team, they will assess, run tests, apply for funding etc. Then refer me to Telford for surgery. GP faxes an urgent referral as requested as origional one lost?

Read on here that South Staffs will not fund Telford so........

Rang South staffs PCT straight - No will do, only fund Walsall, Heartlands and Derby so......

Rang South Staffs PALS, please can someone just tell me for 100% can I be seen at Derby and will SSPCT deinatley fund for there. YES they will fund me for Derby but criteria now BMI 50 minimum to qualify. OK so I met that criteia. They suggested I ring Derby myself and ask about waiting times etc.so........ Rang Mr Ahmed's secretary and low and behold MY GP needs to apply for funding first once funding in place he needs to go onto Derby website and request me to be seen.
So....... got appointment this afternoon to ask GP to request funding himself.

Do I feel confident he will be able to do this and this is the correct route NO, NO, NO!

My alternative is to wait for WM and the mess they are in at present I am looking at 2012 surely.

So P***** off with this whole load of misinformation and feel like I am on a hiding to nothing. I can't believe how this is affecing me. My weight is making me ill and I am scared to lose any weight as I will drop below the BMI required. After too many years to recall of dieting spending money on slimming clubs, shakes and private medication only to put it back on again. I feel such a failure at the moment. If I don't fight for this op date then who will?

Sorry for whingeing guys.

Please wish me luck this afternoon.

Love to all..

Linskixxxxx

Hope all goes well with your GP appointment. I'll say a prayer for you.

Rebirth

Linski - if you are in the process anywhere at walsall manor you need to go back to your pct and speak to them. Your GP can't move you from one hospital to another only your pct can do that. You need to ask them

a) if funding has been approved and are you in the system for walsall?
b) can you be moved from walslall manor to another
hospital, because of the delays?
c)Then you can start worrying about other hospitals and their refferal pathways.

This journey is an emotional roller coaster of a ride without us making extra emotional stress for ourselves. I know its easy for me to say it but honestly everyone at some point has worried about funding and got really stressed over it and I have seen how it eats away at people making them ill.

Big hugs hun. xxxx

Linski - if you are in the process anywhere at walsall manor you need to go back to your pct and speak to them. Your GP can't move you from one hospital to another only your pct can do that. You need to ask them

a) if funding has been approved and are you in the system for walsall?
b) can you be moved from walslall manor to another
hospital, because of the delays?
c)Then you can start worrying about other hospitals and their refferal pathways.

This journey is an emotional roller coaster of a ride without us making extra emotional stress for ourselves. I know its easy for me to say it but honestly everyone at some point has worried about funding and got really stressed over it and I have seen how it eats away at people making them ill.

Hi Terri, Thanks for you reply. I do not have funding yet as I have only seen WM for a chat type appointment. What a bypass is etc. I know I am making myself stress but I have been referred since May and have had my referrals lost twice and feel absolutly no further forward whatsoever. With the mess Walsall are in I dont see me having this op for at least 18 months as there are approx 310 people on the waiting list for surgery. I guess at 55 I am so concious that I have left this late and I am eager just to get the journey moving. I hasve always said I will wait my turn and if I had any communication at all for WM I would be happy. I just cant sit here and chance being swallowed up their big black hole.

I am going to try and relax a little about it as my GP is now applying for funding direct.

Hope you are well.

Linski xxxx

Oh what a pain! I feel for you hun I really do.

What happened at the GPs?

Hi Karen, My GP was great, he will now apply for funding direct as advised by Derby hospital. He then needs to fill in a proformer form for my referral. He did say the funding is not a simple process and I just said I am under no misaprehension whatsoever about it. I have read up and I know its not straightforward. I spoke to my pct and the head of commissioning rang me back and said Derby is my best bet. With my BMI I should qualify for automatic funding but we will see.

My GP rang the Bariatric dept at Derby while I was there and he told him fuinding now has to be in place before they see you and you then after a few tests should go straught onto the waiting list.

By the looks of the rorm I will need a sleep study before they see me. I am lucky in the fact my GP is really good and I know he will support my appeal etc if need be. I have a thyroid and autoimmunity disorder have arthiritis in my knee and ankle and querying sleep apnea at the moment. So I am hoping funding will be ok.
All I want Karen is to see things moving or at the very least a bit of communication.
Either way I am not going to sit by and watch Walsall just lose me again!

Anyways missus how are you feeling now?

Thanks Karen

Lin xxx

Can't offer you any advice hon, but didn't want to read & run. Keep persevering...I know it's a really stressful situation to be in, but you just have to keep going. Hopefully someone in your PCT area can offer you some constructive advice soon xxx

Can't offer you any advice hon, but didn't want to read & run. Keep persevering...I know it's a really stressful situation to be in, but you just have to keep going. Hopefully someone in your PCT area can offer you some constructive advice soon xxx

thank you chick.

xxxx

Good luck Linski, Im sure if you keep on keeping on you will get where you want to be eventually :D Try and stay positive XX

Back