• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got a Food Diary Report from my dietician

slimmerkay

Well I finally got a reply from the dietician about the food diary I sent her. She said she sent the email last Wednesday but I didn't get anything. Anyway, she re-sent it this morning.

Unfortunately it's in Microsoft Word format and I don't have that so can't copy it here. If I can email it to anyone who has Word they could copy it here for me :D;)

But basically I'm doing well, need to add carbs to my evening meal, portion sizes are fine and variety of food is good. Only blip seems to be a few high fat foods in there which could cause a re-gain later on if continued. She says I wont lose weight as quickly as some because I don't have a lot to lose and estimates my loss to be around 2lb per week.

Karen if you want to send it to me at [email protected] i'll happily have a go :)

As for 2lb a week i'd happily take that. Some weeks i'm blessed with 3lb some weeks with 1lb. I'm hoping the gym will give it the boost to regulate it. Although as a rule i'm probably averaging 2lb a week, just annoys me that Trev can lose 2lb in a week where i lose 1lb and yet i've had a bypass? And before you ask he is half a stone lighter than me :)

Report: Karen Mcewan

DATE: 09th November 2010

DIAGNOSIS: Gastric bypass

NUTRITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1700-2000kcals/day

SUMMARY OF FOOD DIARY: Good meal frequency noted. Good sources of high quality protein (approx 60g/day. Current daily calorie intake is approx 770-840kcals/day. Carbohydrate intake is low at evening meal. Good variety of food groups which will help to prevent any longer term vitamin and mineral deficiencies (iron, calcium, folate). Occasional higher fat foods are noted and this needs to be watched longer term to prevent weight regain. However since current calorie intake does not exceed 1000kcal / day weight loss should continue. Portion sizes are normal and there is no evidence of over eating.

RECOMMENDATIONS:

Weight loss will be slower than the average bypass patient as Karen has less weight to loose. It is very normal in the first 3 months to have weeks where there is no weight loss. Current intake of calories is less that the body needs therefore weight loss will restart.

Current daily calorie requirement 1700-2000kcals.

Current daily intake based on food diary 770-840kcals.

Current daily calorie saving 930-1160kcals / day.

Current weekly calorie saving:6,510-8,120kcals

1lb body weight = 3700kcals therefore estimated weight loss week 1.8lbs-2.2lbs/week. 3700kcal

Evening meal contains no carbohydrate (bread, pasta, rice or potato). A small amount will help slow gastric emptying and create a feeling of fullness for longer. It may be beneficial to have a small amount with evening meal.

If feeling hungry stock up on vegetables to bulk out portion.

Aim for approx 800kcal /day. 60g protein.

Thanks for that Karen, now i really feel the need to see my dietician....

Current weekly calorie saving:6,510-8,120kcals

1lb body weight = 3700kcals therefore estimated weight loss week 1.8lbs-2.2lbs/week. 3700kcal

This bit was really interesting...I was reading a few articles the other week that were discussing the supposed relationship between calorific ingestion in relation to weight gain (or in fact reduced calorific ingestion equating to weight loss)...and in fact this idea was apparently never scientifically proven....I would be really interested to hear what other dieticians' thoughts are on this.

Back