• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got date for a consultation....help!!

lizzie0310

Im Liz, its been a while since ive been on here but im now at the stage where ive been to the dietician and tomorrow i start a weight management support group through the nhs as im told they are trying to reduce the need for surgery. then i get an appointment thro for a weight loss surgery consultation!! im chuffedto bits that it 'might' still be a possibility but im scared silly of seeing the consultant! im so embarrased i ve let myself get to 23 stone and afraid ill be told no as i cant seem to help myself so why shoulod they help me?!

any advice would be super helpful right now, especailly on what to ask? my mind is blank!

liz :wave_cry:

whens the date for your consultation hun? maybe get on a strict diet now to show you are commited... my apointment is on the 23rd of this month - i have less than 2 weeks to show my comitment to WLS! you can work with us hun and we will do it together. dont feel down about it hun if we could fully help ourselves we wouldnt be needing WLS in the first place. keep posting hun as this site is full of of helpfull caring people who can give you advice and support anytime. good luck for your consultation!

much luv and a big hug x

I was really worried about this and went along for my appointment so wound up I thought I would explode, he never said a word about commitment just explained options to me and gave his oppinion on which op he thought I should have and told me to be prepared to wait I have never been so relieved. Try not to get to stressed.

Linda glad to hear it! Got your poor self all worked up for nothing. xxx

Liz try not to worry, i'm sure you'll be ok, try to lose as much as you can now. After all this is why we need WLS because we can't do it on are own.
If all else fails make up some story about you being under a lot of stress but your ok now. Good luck xxx

O got my date for a consult too and feel a bit odd. I'm goin to try to lose a bit before hand and then if they ask for more i'll hopefully have built up some better habits! I'm also thinking about going back to the gym (which i actually enjoy) so i don't try and change everything post surgery.

Hiya, on past experience i wouldnt worry to much before you go for your first consultation. They will weigh you then and probably ask you to lose something like a 1 stone before your next appointment. I was told to do that but went on my hols during that time and put weight on. sad arnt i. When i went back to see the surgeon he was not too pleased and told me to lose 1 stone in 4 weeks. I went on a very strict milky coffee and slimfast plus one salad a day diet, and managed to lose 20 in the 4 weeks. He was highly delighted with me and then asked me to make an appointment on my way out for a pre op appointment. He asked me not to gain any weight while waiting for a wls date. So dont worry to much now but do as they tell you after your first appointment. Hope this has helped. Sugga x

Back