• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got a date..whoo hoo! ..lol

kell

Finally managed to speak to someone who told me I was on the list for the 24th June! :):):)

9 weeks to worry myself into a frenzy! lol :jelous:

Slight problem...Im supposed to be going to a concert in Manchester on the 23rd til 24th June with a friend.

Im not bothered about cancelling the concert at all as Ive waited so long for this date, the problem is that I dont want to tell this friend that im having the op!

Its been planned for ages and she talks about it all the time, us 2 and the other halfs are meant to be going and I just dont know what I can say to get out of it.

I cant just say im ill cos she'd find a way around it, she's like a dog with a bone sometimes..lol, plus Id have to tell her a couple of weeks before as I want to be able to sell my tickets, they cost over £100, to try get some money back for them.

Any suggestions??:sigh:

What do you and OH do for a living? Could you tell her you have to go away for work on a course or something?

Could you say you have to have laparoscopic surgery for something like you gallbladder or gynecological?

I was thinking of saying about having to have gallbladder op, but I dont really know much about it and she does as her auntie recently had the same op! lol...Plus my op will be open surgery :(

Thanks for the suggestions though :) x x x

id tell her to see if there is anyone else who can go with her? and like others have suggested can you not say you are having another sort of op? also is it take that??? i couldnt go as i cant stand for long periods:( you usually do quite well on ebay with concert tickets?

Yeah its Take That, hadnt thought of ebay, good idea!

Heya
I buy lots tickets for gigs off ebay...I'm afraid I haven't got any suggestions to add but just wanted to say congratulations! It rocks that you now have a date to look forward to, I bet it feels more real now? :party0049:
Anyway- good luck with sorting the tickets out and thinking what to tell your friend. :bestwishes:
:party0011: Xxx Lizzie xxX :party0011:

Thanks Lizzie, yeah it defo feels more real now, but dont think it'll sink in til ive actually had the op! lol x

What about
ladies problems or your skint
hoep you get it sorted
x

I have a friend just like you that would want to know the in's and out's of an operation. Go to NHS website and look up having gallbladder out - the reason you had to have yours open surgery instead of keyhole you could say that the surgeons realised your gallbladder was infected and they needed to contain the infection!!!! hope it goes ok

I've told people i'me going in for a gynae op - they dont usually ask any details, if they do, just make sure you have read up on it a little.
I am also having open surgery, so know how you feel.
x

Thats great news about your Op. I am so pleased for you, I would just tell your friend at the very last min and pretend its an emergency Op for Gallstones or something, as For your Tickets can I ask where the concert is at? If its at Newcastle I would buy them off you,as I would love to go and see Take That!

Thanks for all your replies ladies x
f-g-slim, unfortunately no it's not Newcastle, it's in Manchester x

Hi Kell great new that you have got your date through bet you are chuffed
Sods law that it is when you have made plans and that they involve someone else.
I had my gallbladder out some years ago and had it removed with open surgery. I had mega amounts of pain for 12months before the op and couldnt tolerate fatty things at all was sick alot if I ate anything that upset me
Dont know if that helps I think going with the gynae thing might be better as I havent really heard of anyone being rushed in for gall stones, it usually builds up over a period of time
But whatever you decide good luck
You will have no trouble getting rid of the tickets that will be the least of your worried lol

Good Luck Love n hugs Jay xx

Thanks Jay,

I think im gonna go with the gallbladder op story, so the info you gave me really helps :)

Just have to bluff my way through it, Im such a bad liar though! lol x x x

Congratulations on getting your op date Kell!!! Thats great news but sad about the concert. As for your freind, I'd leave it for now but just keep mentioning the pain your having and you wish you could get it sorted lol xxxGaynorxxx

Back