• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

got funding in salford

sezzer13

Hooray at last its beeb confirmed i have got the funding i am so excited. Does anyone know what happens now and how longs does it take to actually have the operation x

well done thats the hardest bit to do the rest is easy, have you chosen the hospital yet, i am under prof b ammori at salford royal he's fab, this is what happened for me i got a letter saying to come the hospital for a one stop shop i get to see everyone from surgeon to counciller, had bloods, ecg, weight done, given info about the pre op diet, post op diet and everything in between, i was told about all the 3 differtent surgerys they do the band, the sleeve and the bypass, i went in hoping for the bypass had my heart set on it came out with the choice of the sleeve due to being on alot of meds for life, had a good old chat to the surgeon made me feel at ease, then i got a date for a pre op and seeing the anastatic sorry spelling but hope you know what i mean lol, then got a date for my surgery started the liver reduction diet 2 weeks before my op date and now im the happy owner of a new sleeve lol, all the best to you

Hi Mummy2309,

I have just finally got funding in the Stockport CCG and have chosen Hope Hospital. I don't think I'll may be hear for a little while but at least I know it's in hand, please God !

I wanted to ask you if you are happy with your choice of sleeve rather than bypass. I have just always thought I wanted a bypass but it is so hard when they give you a choice and you're not sure whether to veer off the course that you have set.

It's good to hear that you are happy with the hospital. I know that the bariatric surgeons from Hope also serve the local private hospitals so that's hopefully a good sign.

Hope you are keeping well after your op and wish you the very best with it all x

Hi Mummy2309,

I have just finally got funding in the Stockport CCG and have chosen Hope Hospital. I don't think I'll may be hear for a little while but at least I know it's in hand, please God !

I wanted to ask you if you are happy with your choice of sleeve rather than bypass. I have just always thought I wanted a bypass but it is so hard when they give you a choice and you're not sure whether to veer off the course that you have set.

It's good to hear that you are happy with the hospital. I know that the bariatric surgeons from Hope also serve the local private hospitals so that's hopefully a good sign.

Hope you are keeping well after your op and wish you the very best with it all x

Hi im under stockport aswell do you see tara then i go to the support group this coming monday which is run by mandy in asdwood be nice if there was new faces i could of had hope but i chose the sprire at first which is the private hospital where my surgeon also works, then got moved to the salford royal im very happy with mu sleeve research both and see what u think good luck with yout wls x

Forgot to say i heard within 7 weeks from getting funding to hearing news it tuck 6 month from getting funding and having my sleeve done i had nearly 4 1/2years to get the ok for funding then had to have test done on my heart begore i got a date so its not that long to wait xx

Thrilled to hear about your funding xx

Hi Mummy2309,

I'm 3 years in sept having a bypass at Salford royal hospital,I had dr ammori too.
I was advised due to eating habits bypass was more suited for me.
It's done it's job having lost 77% of my excess weight.
Salford have been fantastic,my aftercare has been excellent and even though I had the op done 3 years ago I still have contact with Salford and the doctors(infact I have am appointment with dr ammori tomorrow)
Anything you need help with ask away x

Im at salford tomo at 4pm to see the doctors well done on your weighr loss

Great news good luck. xx

Fantastic news :) Good luck x

I just wanted to apologise to Sezzer13. I totally hijacked your post. I meant to say congratulations on getting your funding and got carried away with my own questions. Mummy2309 - yes I do see Tara and I assume I will be attending the centre at Adswood as that's where I see her for my meetings. It will be great to meet up there eventually.Emma-louise, thanks for your info, its so good to know post-oppers that have gone through it there. I am sure I will be pestering you both as I go along. Thanks x

I just wanted to apologise to Sezzer13. I totally hijacked your post. I meant to say congratulations on getting your funding and got carried away with my own questions. Mummy2309 - yes I do see Tara and I assume I will be attending the centre at Adswood as that's where I see her for my meetings. It will be great to meet up there eventually.Emma-louise, thanks for your info, its so good to know post-oppers that have gone through it there. I am sure I will be pestering you both as I go along. Thanks x

well may see you on monday then, im emma by the way, its a lovely small group so helpful x

Good luck, i had my bypass at salford royal 10 days ago & had a fantastic experience through out my stay.
hope its the same for you

How long did it take you mr doo from getting the funding to having the op x

Hi Sezzer13
Have you been under the hospital dietician for 6 months ?, whilst seeing him/her you will see the psychiatrist ( to determine if your strong enough for an op ), sleep apnoea nurse in case you have that & if so be issued with a machine (cpap)that you use every night, then you need to be seen as established using the cpap machine which could take 1 month or 2 !.
all in all i was done from funding to op-date in 8 months, but the cpap never registered it was being used so was held back 1 month.
Hope this helps you & if you want more info on anything salford hosp or anything else please ask
Mark

Back