• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting time at Salford

jeany

Hi everyone, does anyone know the waiting time for bypass at Salford.

I had psychiatric assessment three weeks ago, saw surgeon two weeks ago, sleep apnea test last week and pre op due on 9th August. NHS funding be granted.

Just wondering what time scale for op might be.

Also did anyone else go into panic mode eating wise - scoffing all food in sight? I seem to have got back on track now - thank goodness.

Hi hun, have you had results of sleep apnea test, they wont put you on the list until they have had the go ahead from them, I was Sleep clinic for results on 8th July and emailed Gill the secretary and she put me on list then, she is looking at 18 week turn around. Hope your okay, hate the waiting, hope you wont be too long x

Thanks Bex. Not had sleep results as yet - will chase them up after my pre op I think. 18 weeks not too long really after about thirty years of being overweight.

Looking forward to new beginning - lots of worries but picking up lots of inspiration off the forum x

Well im on most nights hun, if you need anything, we both in same boat. Are you going to the meeting on wednesday x

Going to try to make it - if not it will be the October meeting as going away on holiday in September. Hopefully last time using seat belt extender! Ha ha x

Oh i know hun, thats a nightmare. Im hoping to have my op in october but struggling with the cpap so hope that dont hinder my op x

Hope you get on okay and have a lovely holiday, just think of next years xx And hope to see you Wednesday, come say hi x

Got pre op tomorrow so going to ask about sleep results. Bex do you have the secretary's email address? X

hiya hun, i've got my pre op on Monday. Its [email protected]

Let me know how you get on hun xxx

Thanks so much for the email address. Just looking at all the paperwork ready for tomorrow.

I will let you know how I get on - feeling slightly anxious but sure it will be fine.

Thanks again - by the way I am called Lindsay - couldn't use it as my user name as already taken so used my middle name x

Pre-op all went well and had email from consultants secretary saying that they are looking at the end of October for my op. Not long to go. A bonus was I had lost 2kg since my last appointment!

Hi ladies my funding approved last Monday I also have severe OSA but doing well with cpap have had my surgery psychology assessment done by Carly who has recommended that I am ready for surgery, not had consultation with surgeon yet, any ideas what else I might be needing to do and would you say I'm getting there at last the last eighteen months have gone on forever lol thanks for any advise you could offer Wendy xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Whereabouts are the Wednesday meetings held at Salford royal please xx

in the Mayo building hun x

My drs secretary phoned me today to say the approval letter had come through and she was sending off everything to Salford to get the appt sorted to see surgeon and get things moving ooooooo I'm as excited as excited can be xx

Good news hun, I had my date today 31st October, did think it would be this month but am glad and happy to have a date... Did you go to meeting xx

No thought it was first wed of month lol silly me aw great that you got your date though I can't wait for mine xxx

And you hun, let us know how you get on xx

Back