• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

got funding

hi guys i went to my appointment at heartlands i saw mr niljar everything was ok he said im now on his waiting list and i should have the operation within 18 weeks so its just a waiting game now xxx

I dont know if this will help Lee, but I have been seeing the dietician, I've seen the psychiatrist too and I saw the surgeon in November and it was he who put it the application for my funding, not my GP or consultant. This was after 23 months of seeing the other people. I too thought what's the point of doing this before you have funding, but that's just how some places do it, it's now a waiting game for me. Good luck x

Saw my Dr in August 2012. My funding was in place before I had my first appointment at the hospital the end of September 2012. My op is on Monday :)
Others seem to be waiting for a couple of years before their application goes in and then a drawn out process.
Must be the local requirements vary drastically.
Good Luck if you are waiting and stick with it, try not to get too cheesed off. Good and bad days eventually it will happen. x

Had my op date

hi guys had a phone call yestaday off heartlands still in shock they gave me a date for my op its the 21st march which is alot earlier because i was told may time. They told me to start my pre op diet 6 weeks before so im on the 2 shakes and a under 300 calorie tea ( weight watchers one ) they havnt told me how much they expect me to lose before the op has anyone got any ideas how much???? thanks zoe

Sorry, I forgot to say congratulation lol I bet you're all excited now !! I'd check on that 6 weeks pre op tho!!

i thought that chick but thats what she said on the phone and i had a booklet and it says that in there too , im waiting for the letters too come through it may say more on there x

Congrats on your op date.....................im still waiting :) i will be joining you soon i hope.

hiya i got a letter saying i need to lose 5-10 % of my weight well i still got some to lose but i got my pre op appointment on the 4th march and i wouldn't of lost enough have i got to have lost my target weight by my pre op appointment or by my operation date (which is 21st march ) ???? thanks zoe

You lose what you lose :( basically just stick to the diet plan. As you have the funding the only thing that will stop you now is if you cheat the diet. You will be questioned at the preop and tell the truth. Better to be safe than sorry.

The trouble with not sticking to it is when they operate your liver may not be shrunk enough, then you do have a problem. They will either have to abandon or change from keyhole. They warned me and luckily I let nothing get in my way well ate nothing naughty ;)

Its only six weeks then a change for life. If you can do the six weeks you can do the post op which is so important you can do that.

Its such an amazing opportunity! Good Luck xx

My daughter (teenager) was referred by her consultant at our local hospital, to kings college hospital in January. She is going in next Thursday evening for sleep study and following day see the team/psych /dietician. No one has mentioned about applying for funding. So not sure who would fund it? Any one any suggestions/ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

If she meets the criteria then the nhs will fund it. Criteria vary from area to area its a postcode lottery xxx

If she meets the criteria then the nhs will fund it. Criteria vary from area to area its a postcode lottery xxx

Her consultant who referred her to kings team said she met all criteria Therefore I Guess she gets funding then. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hi angela what i meant is i started my pre op diet monday 3 shakes no food , my op is 3 weeks and 2 days away (21st march) what i wanted to know is do i need to get to my taget weight by my pre op appointment or by my operation date ????? my pre op is monday 4th theres no way i could of lost 5% of my weight by next week thanks zoe

Zoe you may need to call them, different providers give different instructions. I had to shed 5% before they gave me my op date. Then went on maintainance and was not allowed to put any weight back on. Once I got the date it was back on the milk diet.

It is feasible your provider expects the 5% by the operation date but would be a little late to cancel if you didnt make it. I would call and check.

thank u i will have to give them a call i had my op date on the phone then week later i had a letter saying i need to lose 5%to 10% of my weight before my op so im confussed there noway i can lose 20 odd lb in a week i can by my op date x

Back