• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

got funding in salford

sezzer13

I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice please. I have been awarded funding at salford royal can anyone tell me what happens from now till my operation x

Hi Sezzer13
I had my bypass at salford 5 weeks ago
for me i had done 6 months weight management with salford hosp & then awarded funding.
I then saw a psychiatrist who asks you why your in the place you are regarding food ! & if she thinks your strong enough to go forward , she'll pass you fit for surgery.
thenyou will meet Dr summer or someone from her team & you'll discuss what surgery you want & they talk you through all surgeries
eventually you'll spend a full morning/afternoon with other wls patients & have pre-op & meetings with surgeon
The pr-op can last for 3 months .....so your surgery will be within that time
Good luck & if you have any more questions just ask
Mark

Thanks how are you finding it after your operation. I have seen the dietican for 6 months i have been under the weight management since june 12. I have an appointment with the physcoligist (sorry for spelling) and an appointment to see dr ammoris team in sept but i was just wondering what else happens x

Hi
you'll probably have a group meeting ( with other weight loss patients as far down the road as you ) to see dietician/surgeon & others to discuss what will happen,what you can expect pre-op/post-op.
The one to look out for is your pre-op assessment, because this will only last for 3 months, it means your surgery is coming within 3 months.
My wife rang the hospital & they didnt know anything so gave her Dr ammori's secretary number, rang her & she gave me a date over the phone & told her which pre-op diet to do.
Hope your wait is over soon

Hi.mr doo

I have had psychologist appointment and she said i was fine to have surgery. It wasnt as bad as i thought x

Think everyone is worried about seeing the shrink (in case we get sectioned ;) )
Glad it all went well for you & your declared mentally fit to go forward, you should hear from hosp about next stage after Dr gets the shrinks report, takes a while for them to send it 2 floors down & 300 yards ;) (about 2 weeks )
Anyway relax its all happening now & soon be your op date :)

Back