• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got my first appointment with St Richards! Lucy from Eastbourne

Emma1504

Welcome
Research as much as you can. There is lots of information on this forum use it. The ladies & gentlemen in here are so helpful. Ask your questions and I am sure someone will be able to help.
Every area has different time scales & procedures. But someone might be from your area.
If doing the NHS route it’s a long journey so don’t give up. My journey took 1 1/2 years some others have taken 3 years.
Here to help x

Bling Babe

Hi and welcome I can’t advice on timescale for your hospital I’m afraid, mine was 22 months at Luton but it’s a great opportunity to research research research and the time will fly by although that’s hard to believe when your waiting
Good luck keep in touch I look forward to following your journey x

Lucy S

Welcome
Research as much as you can. There is lots of information on this forum use it. The ladies & gentlemen in here are so helpful. Ask your questions and I am sure someone will be able to help.
Every area has different time scales & procedures. But someone might be from your area.
If doing the NHS route it’s a long journey so don’t give up. My journey took 1 1/2 years some others have taken 3 years.
Here to help x

Thank you
Appreciate your reply.
This site is brilliant!
Lucy x

Lucy S

Hi and welcome I can’t advice on timescale for your hospital I’m afraid, mine was 22 months at Luton but it’s a great opportunity to research research research and the time will fly by although that’s hard to believe when your waiting
Good luck keep in touch I look forward to following your journey x

Thank you
Yes, I’m in it for the long haul.
As it’ll change my life
X

Sarnie

Hello
I’ve just signed up.
I was referred last July 2018, and I’ve got my first assessment at the Loxwood Centre next month.
Any advice, time scales would be great to know.
Thank you
Lucy
Hi and welcome. It does vary quite a bit from area to area. I was first referred by my doc last February, I got my 1st appointment at Luton & Dunstable hospital last April and have had a few appointments since. Next appointment is on 15th March to see the surgeon and get out on the waiting list. If you look at my Signature below, it gives a bit more info, but your hospital could be very different. Good luck, keep us posted how you are getting on x

Irene44

Hi Hun and welcome x

Maria61

Hello
I’ve just signed up.
I was referred last July 2018, and I’ve got my first assessment at the Loxwood Centre next month.
Any advice, time scales would be great to know.
Thank you
Lucy
Welcome to the group. I am also a Luton patient as are quite a few of us. I was lucky and only took 17 months from seeing my GP to having surgery. I wish you good luck xx

Parsnip

Hi and welcome x

lilyc

Hi Lucy. Im in Eastbourne too. Not sure if this will help or not but I have just got my surgery date (13th February 2020) after being initially referred in Novermber 2017. My 4 sessions (Tier 3 I think) ran from November 2018 to May 2019 then my MDT was on 20th Sepember 2019. I was told the wait would be 4-6 months from November (I was delayed being put on "The List" due to another medical condition) and I got the call this week with the date. Apparently Chichester have recently taken on a new surgeon so hopefully the wait will be a little less for you. There is a local support group in Eastbourne which is very helpful. I can give you the details if you would like them? If I am allowed?

Last edited:

Lucy S

Hello, thank you for your message it's really helpful 😊 did you lose the 5% recommended? Wow 13th February that's amazing!! 😊 What surgery have you opted for? Do you mind me asking your weight or bmi please? Xxx

lilyc

I lost a little but certainly not 5% although i was on some medication that increased my weight part way through so had that to lose too. I was recommended the sleve but have opted for the bypass. My BMI is 43. It feels very odd to finally have a date after waiting for so long.

Lucy S

Yes, I was put on steroids and put on half a stone which I lost. My bmi 41,so pleased for you Lily not long!!! 😊

Lalapo

Hi have you not had the operation yet? You posted in Feb 2019? I was referred tier 3 OCt 2018, referred to tier 4 May 2020 and operation in Nov 2019. We are in south.
My BMI was 52 now after 22 weeks it’s 36 so well pleased. Still 4 stones to go.

Lucy S

No, I've been told I will have a 2 night stay to do checks in May, but with Covid 19 that'll most likely be delayed?.
But who knows, yes been waiting over 2 years there was afew things health-wise I've had to get on top of. Well done though that's fantastic, did you have a bypass?