• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got the price for Spire Norwich.

stripeytop

They have quoted me £7730.00. :help2: This includes 6 months aftercare & 3 band fills.

Seems a huge amount and I'm not sure that I can find (borrow) this much. Think this may mean I have to go to Belgium.

There are lots of other companies between Spire and Belgium! Have you looked at WLS Group, Healthier Weight, BMI Healthcare, Landauer, etc?

that seems like alot of money for three fills and 6 months after care you should look in to further afield in our country, wack on the price of a travel lodge maybe for one night it still wouldnt be as much as your local spire or you could try a price match with them tell them you can get the same op done cheaper else where and for longer aftercare they may knock some money off to have your custom its worth a try!!x

I'm worried about the amount of fills I may need and do you have to go back to the hospital that you had the op in.

Have had a quote from healthier weight (£6950 unlimited fills & 12 months aftercare.) & WLS (£6950) I really liked the idea of Spire because it was close to home.

Feeling really confused because it is a huge amount of money to borrow.

From what I've read WLS group have clinics for fills all over the country. It would be worth asking those two where your nearest clinic is and see what they say.

That what I will do. WLS can do surgery in belgium with aftercare in UK. Still a long way to nearest clinic though.

I know you shouldn't put a price on health but I am having to borrow this money.

I got quote through The Hospital Group and it was £6250 if done before end Jan. Also Weight loss surgery was £6195 if I was willing to travel to sheffield. So there is definitely cheaper options available.

That what I will do. WLS can do surgery in belgium with aftercare in UK. Still a long way to nearest clinic though.

I know you shouldn't put a price on health but I am having to borrow this money.

I'm not saying it happens to everyone but I paid £4000 to go to a (famous) surgeon in Belgium and had nothing but trouble afterwards. I went to the people they recommended for fills afterwards and they kept filling without looking at why I was stuggling. An x-ray showed it was too high like Anne Diamond's band. It cost me another £7000 to change it aside from the wasted fills in between.
It is cheaper in the UK now than when I had my first op. Even my second surgeon charges less than you have been told and that includes unlimited fills for a year. Please see if you can find someone closer to home in case you have any problems.
Obviously I won't say who it was but I would never use a company again and only go directly to the surgeon.Companies have to pay the salaries of patient advisors who are really just there to sell the operations.

I used the Hospital group and paid £6950 for 12 months aftercare & 4 fills. I know they have had alot of bad press on here but up to now I have had fantastic care from them. They have done everything they promised to do. The hospital, surgeon and staff were fantastic. I have had calls from the nurses after my surgery to check I was doing well. I have had my first fill under xray and have spoke to the dietician by phone and have an appointment to meet her face to face on 20th November.
Good luck with your search to find a company you are comfortable with.
It really will be the best money you have spent. xx

why dont you get it done on the nhs?

My Doctor referred me but the pct turned me down because I don't meet all the criteria. It's a long winded battle to get funding in some parts of the country. Unfortunately I live in a difficult area for funding.

Aftercare

Hi
I went with WLS and get 2 years aftercare but I see that is now improved to 3 years. ^ months is not nearly enough. I wanted the op done in Leeds but was very expensive so went with WLS and had procedure done in private hospital in Preston I stayed in local hotel night before and then one night in hospital. WLS have a monthly clinic in Leeds and I go every month for a catch up wether I need a fill or not
Good luck with your choice
Cheers

James

Thanks for all your replies and your openess about what you paid.

I have contacted Landauer who quoted £6150 in Essex or £8500 in Norwich!!! Stream line surgery just sent me a brochure with not much information & no prices.

I'm feeling really confused and I'm all up & down about it.
Tonight i'm going to draw up a 'for & against' for each company. I know I really want to do this, I'm just not sure how to acheive it yet.

Thanks for all your replies and your openess about what you paid.

I have contacted Landauer who quoted £6150 in Essex or £8500 in Norwich!!! Stream line surgery just sent me a brochure with not much information & no prices.

I'm feeling really confused and I'm all up & down about it.
Tonight i'm going to draw up a 'for & against' for each company. I know I really want to do this, I'm just not sure how to acheive it yet.

Everyone thinks that their surgeon and operation are the best. I can't comment on other surgeons just the two I had. The first was arrogant and botched my operation. Shaw Somers did my second op and the service from start to finish was fantastic. I don't remember getting a Streamline brochure but I had lots of information by email and they always answered calls. I think most people offer quite a good service but I give thanks every day for the article I read about Anne Diamond and how it led me to Shaw who is one of the best yet still having a lovely and sympathetic bedside manner...not that I am biased of course.

I hope you find someone good soon.

Thanks Encore. Will give Streamline a call today.
(BTW the quote for Essex was £6600.00 not £6150.00 like I put in my previuos post. - told you I was confused.)

Back