• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got the 'Wobbles'. :(

lyzzyanne

Happy shrinking bypasser!
I am now three sleeps away from my op and I am starting to have a wobble or two, I come on here a lot but I am fairly quiet so have only really made a couple of friends who have been supportive (on the forum I mean) I am less quiet in real life!!!

So what am I worried about??? Well I did the milk diet early on and lost 7% of my weight and was allowed the op? I had a really bad time with constipation so they said low calorie lo carb diet this time which I have done but I am worried the results on the liver won't be as good (my sensible brain say it should but that's buried at the moment) I think I have lost 13lbs so far this last ten days but I am possibly just getting in a pre op fuddle!!!

So please will someone be my buddy and hold my ha nd for a bit????

Wobbly of Herts!

Hey luv!

I was the same last week laying on the op bed I kept thinking I can stop this I can stop this lol. But I'm 5 days post op now and feeling quite good! (I have a sleeve). U will b absolutely fine huni. It will b all over b4 ya know it and ul b on the lossers bench waiting to transform xxxx

Its all I can think about too whether my liver will shrink enough but if we do as we are told im sure it will be fine. Think positive thoughts, keep reading all the good stories on the forum, there are so many people that have had the bypass and are now so happy. We are the lucky ones, to be given a second chance, look forward to a slim healthy 2013, im so excited, a nice holiday next year in clothes that dont look like tents. Good luck!! I will be joining you in under 3 weeks. Lets hold hands together XXX

Thank you it's nice to know you are there ladies!! I Think it will be fine but you know how it is!!!
Kirsty nice to hear you are through it and Jillyiant I will watch out for your progress!!!

I was worried right up to walking down to theatre to have my op, surgical team didn't even weigh me before hand, everyone has the same worry pre op I'm sure you will be fine good luck xx

Hey huni im pre op but I have to do the low cal low carb diet too but bcoz the dietician round here wont allow the milk diet so it obviously works honey so I wouldn't worry about that as long as you followed it :) good luck sweetheart xxxxxxxxxxx

when i had my op i had the same jitters, you wouldnt be human if you didnt! I panicked about everything.. have I drank enough? drank too much?? has my liver shrunk enough?!? you will be perfectly fine :)

Enjoy the time with your family you have left before your op, relax, and brace yourself for a whirlwind of change and the new you.. if you need to talk or anything just shout :)

Hey there lyzzy! Huge congrats on your weight loss so far that's great. I'm in the same boat as you! My surgery is monday!! I was fine up untill last night and now the heebie jeebies have been setting in. This morning i was having second thoughts thanks to my partner because of his nerves and worry and I know this time tomorrow night I wont be able to sleep lol.
I got the call on the 11th june midday-ish sort of time so had to start the pre-op diet on the tuesday which means I've only got a 13 day pre op. I've been anxious if thats long enough, will my liver shrink etc. I have lost weigh but not sure how much as my scales and scales at the gym weigh completely different to what they do at the hospital!
Anyways thats me haha! I wish you the best of luck and my hand's free if you need :D xx

The nerves are a good sign - you're aware of how big a change this is. You will be fine, many hospitals don't even do the milk diet and go for low carb.

I did the low carb before my surgery. I'm nearly two years out and my life has changed 100% you will be the same. Good luck with your weight loss journey.

I'm having the balloon put in in 10 days as a prerequisite to getting the bypass next year and have no one to talk to about the wobbles as well

Is this the right thing, is this my last chance, how will I cope after, are my family really going to be supportive , will everyone understand and how will I actually feel after its done etc etc

I come on here and read a lot about people at different stages which gives me hope

good luck with your op and we are all here to support each other xxx

Good luck Lyzzyanne, am sure you will sail through it. try to keep yourself occupied x

Well just had my pre op tablets and done the injection in my tummy - this time tomorrow morning I will be on the way scared or what????

**hugs** try not to stress about 2 moz! I'll make room on the bench for ya ;) take care! Wishing u a speedy recovery xxxx

Back