• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wobbles

clar01

Having major wobbles after reading some horror stories about leaks and even death.
Am I being super selfish having this op when I have the tiniest most beautiful baby boy who I could potentially leave without a mummy??!?

I'm crying just thinking about it!

In one way I'm doing it for him, so I can be here longer, be healthier and be able to do more with him, but on the other hand I feel selfish for taking the risk!!

I was 100% mind made up before reading the horror stories and convincing myself it will happen to me.

I have a consultation with Ameet Patel on 17th, hoping he can out my mind at rest!

Aaaaaahhhhh!!

Xxx

Have you read the success stories?! research the % survival rates that should help x

I had band but had mr Patel. He is lovely and will be honest with you. I was so scared and wanted to back out right up until op. Everything went well. So try not too worry x

I totally echo what the others have said. Talk to the bariatric team at the hospital. You will not voice anything they haven't heard before and will be more than happy to help.

The statistics can be frightening but there are so many variables. With people who have passed away after the op many have very high BMIs, other medical conditions, haven't followed the after care plan, have turned a blind eye to something not being quite right and would have survived if they had mentioned it sooner.

It's natural to be concerned, but try not to fret too much.

Back