• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Greedy or habit?

sicknote

HI all,

i joined this site with the conviction that my weight gain was due to too 2 large babies and junk food cravings then ended up pure habbit, late night snacking pickled oninon monster munch and fizzy pop's is top choice when the hubby nips round the shop and shout's do you want anything x but after reading the story that kizzy linked to from the dailymail i'm not so sure anymore! i really need some guidence as iv chosen gastric bypass as i wanted the "dumping" as an adverstion tool now i'm thinking should i go with the band after reading that story and here's why.

from the age of 2 i'v never eaten fruit/veg's/meat on the bone or eggs, by 16 i was told i was anorexic? bit strange as i loved eating just not "normal dinners" cakes sweets crisps etc.

my point is this for the last 9 years i'v tried really hard to diet but nothing happens, i'v not gained a single pound or vise versa for 2 years,
would a gastric bypass be right for me givin my eating history? could i end up like that poor teenager??

i know this is a long one but really need some input, bypass or band? greedy or habit? i'm not sure anymore and i certainly don't want to end making the wrong choice because i was too frightend to open up and ask the right questions xx

Many thanks for reading xxxx:wave_cry:

Last edited:
Sorry can't really help, as also pre op and confused. I know I want a bypass, but am freaking out I will still make bad choices.

I didn't want to read and run. I am sure peeps with great idea's will be around tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hi

There are always going to be extremes so try not to worry too much about it. Your journey will be just that - yours x

Sorry but Im not sure what stage you are at but if you discuss any concerns with your team and are honest about your eating habbits Im sure they will help you make the right decision.

Whichever op you chose you will have to committ to a healthy eating and exercise regime to get the best from your WLS tool.

Good luck x x

Sorry can't really help, as also pre op and confused. I know I want a bypass, but am freaking out I will still make bad choices.

I didn't want to read and run. I am sure peeps with great idea's will be around tomorrow.

thankyou x I'v had to edit it anyway because i felt a bit vulnerable laying it all out like that xxx

Hi

There are always going to be extremes so try not to worry too much about it. Your journey will be just that - yours x

Sorry but Im not sure what stage you are at but if you discuss any concerns with your team and are honest about your eating habbits Im sure they will help you make the right decision.

Whichever op you chose you will have to committ to a healthy eating and exercise regime to get the best from your WLS tool.

Good luck x x

thankyou x I'v had to edit it anyway because i felt a bit vulnerable laying it all out like that xx

i have told the surgeon and he said that i had to choose between a bypass or band and that the next time he see's me he wants my choice and thats what he'l do x i'm no surgeon lol just wish in some ways he'd of told me one or the other, i'm not being ungratefull but i want to have the most information possible when i tell him my option and seeing that article got me worrying, my heart says bypass my head says band x anyway many thank you's again xxxx:wave_cry:

The doc and dietician will question you about your eating history and that is where you have to lay your soul bare.
Only you and your surgeon will know what is best for you!

Good luck with deciding :) I think what the other ladies have said is the best advice. Talk to them very openly and they will suggest what is right for you :)

Honestly, I think any of us have the potential to fail with our WLS, but if we use the tool we are given to the best of our ability then you can succeed with whatever surgery you have.

It is vital to make the best choice for you at the beginning though and as other have said, let your surgical team guide you based on your eating habits.

That poor girl is really an extreme example of what can happen, but it seems to me that she is not getting the care she needs. She has had a lot of trauma with losing a baby and being blamed for it. She is also describing pain when she swallows. She shouldnt be just "left to die" they should be feeding her via tube if she is severely malnourished and investigating the cause of her pain, along with psych support for her eating disorder.

I think this could have happened to her if she had found a successful diet. There was a woman on Supersize Vs Super skinny a few weeks back. She went to a slimming club, and now feared getting big again so much, she was barely eating.

So it can be more about the psychological then whether a procedure has been done or not.

Back