• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Grr. Still no weight loss!

Another week when I haven't lost anything! Ok, I know it may be down to the kidney infection that I have and the fact that I am drinking more than my quota and hardly peeing (whoops, sorry!) I'm beginning to think that I may have over estimated how much I can lose on the Summer Challenge. I'll be gutted if I am the only one that doesn't reach target!

I wouldn't mind if I was cheating, but I am following everything to the absolute letter. Must be because I'm old :cry: xx

Hi Amanda! I hope you don't get yourself too disheartened...like you said yourself, you haven't been 100% and you are retaining water! You have to cut yourself a bit of slack sometimes you know :)
The last challenge here I tried for I fell short by half the total amount I put myself down for and I felt like a right pillock! Specially as when I compared myself to others (a big no no by the way) I was floundering and everyone else seemed to be effortlessly shedding stones left , right and centre.
It is a crappy feeling and better that you try your best and not worry too much about hitting an exact number. It could all even out anyway once you feel better.
Have you been up to much exercise? I try and walk an hour a day and I hope that will push me along a bit.
Even 30 mins a day makes a difference.
As you say you're following everything properly and you have been unwell..it's going to catch up and come off eventually when your body is ready to let it go xxx
Hugs and don't stress over it !

Thanks Neen. It's far too easy to get disheartened, isn't it?

I'm exercising as much as I can (with my limitations caused by my back and knees) but I'm managing at least an hour a day on the treadmill at a fairly fast walk. Not all in one go, I usually do 15 minutes at a time.

I'm going to keep at it and try not to lose the plot whilst trying to lose the weight! xx

:wave_cry:​

i had a urine infection last week , im still on antibiotics now and last week i gained 2lb ! somthing iv never done since the begining of my pre-op diet. I pleased to say them 2lb have now gone and taken a few mates with them so dont let it get you down as well as being under the weather as im sure by next week them scales will have moved x

Chin up girl! It will come off and at least its going in the right direction! :D You will realease the inner twiggy in you soon X :patback:

I know it's hard and really annoying, but once your over this illness it will shift. It's impossible for it not move! Keep your chin up and here's to those awful bloody scales shifting for you x

I doubt I will reach my target for the summer weight loss challenge but as long as I continue to lose weight, I am cool with that. Give your body time to overcome the infection and the weight will once again start shedding itself.

I know exactly how you feel and its so easy to feel disheartened by it. I didn't lose any weight for 5 weeks and then this week I lose 2lbs. It probably could and should have been more but I was happy with the 2lbs as at least the weight was starting to move again. It will happen and you will start to lose again. Be patient.

Thanks everyone. I'm an impatient, miserable moo sometimes! Doesn't help that I'm feeling below par. Just to add to that, I've just got back from 5 hours in the A&E with my dad as he had a fall earlier today. He's 78 and I'm his carer, but he's safe and sound and back at home now. Puts things into more perspective though. xx

I hope your Dad is OK, must have been a worry for you both xxx Hugs and please take it easy..you have enough to think about and deal with already. You're doing everything right as far as I can tell and it is going to pick up again. It has to! In the meantime try to find other more fun things to think about ..like planning your skinny wardrobe x

The weight will start to move again sweetheart but it seems at the moment your body is catching up with the weight loss so far.Have you measured yourself to see if the inches are moving? 5lb of fat weighs exactly the same as 5lb of muscle but the muscle is so much smaller in size. Good luck xx

you have done so well so far and as we all know its a long road with far too many hills but dont beat youself up. You have a lot on your plate looking after your dad (glad he is back home now, hope he is ok). Look forward, you will soon be dropping the lbs
Good luck

Firstly ,i am pleased your dad is home safe and well.
Secondly,please dont be so hard on yourself,sorry but i think we all tend to compare our weight loss with others,but we are all made differently,with different metabolic rate whether it be resting or energy.
Recently i didnt loose any weight for nearly 6 weeks and i was really starting to worry why this was happening,but i took a step back and looked at the picture as a whole and even though i wasnt loosing weight,my clothes were getting baggier,i hadnt put any weight on :D so what ever was happening was in the right direction.
I have lost 5 inches off my waist this month and 6 lbs in weight,hopefully this will continue,but if it doesnt,i am not i am going to worry anymore.
I want to loose another 4st but i am not setting a target date to achieve it.I will get there when my body allows.:D.
You have done so well and you should be proud of what you have achieved so far,just be patient,the weight will start coming off again.
xx

Thanks everyone. I weighed myself again this morning (now that I've finished with the antibiotics) and I'm just about to start a new post xx

Back