• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Grumpy and irritated.

Kath in Buxton

I really don't know what's been wrong with me today, I've been a right grumpy old cow!! Been picking on my husband for the slightest thing, and every little thing has felt like a major issue :(
Like, take this morning for example. I was getting dressed (Bearing in mind that I'm 8 days post op, and since the start of the pre op diet I have lost 19 lbs altogether).
Anyway, as I said, I was getting dressed, and a shirt that fitted alright pre op now feels too tight, rather than too loose. I really can't get my head around this. And then I dumped on milky coffee, and that has never happened before :(
Then there are little things like internet games not loading properly, direct debits going out of the bank before their due date, not being able to find anything to read in the library AND, while we're on the subject of the library, I did see a book that I though looked alright, and had decided that if I couldn't find anything else, I'd take that, and of course, I couldn't find anything, went back and someone had taken the one I'd spied earlier!

Does anyone ever feel as if all the known Gods in the universe are conspiring against them, or is it just me???

Hi hon, its not just you ... it's unfortunately called life!! :rolleyes: I do try to tell myself that if we didn't have the down days, we wouldn't know when we are having the up days!!! ;)

Now I don't know enough about it, but I do know that my moods and emotions are very much ruled by the moon. And I reckon ... again without much knowledge ... that me being a Cancerian ... and quite a sensitive one at that ... then I can be quite emotional regarding some things ... and again, often about the time of the full or new moon.

However, the above probably is absolutely nothing to do with how you are feeling at the moment!!! You have had major surgery ... you are starting a new life ... you have to concentrate to stay in control ... you probably are still suffering from some of the anaesthetic ... and actually, your husband, being a man, may well deserve it right now!!! (Sorry that bit was supposed to be a joke!! Not a good one, I admit!!!) ... Actually we always do take it out on those that are closest to us ... hasn't he ever done that to you??? ;)

Hey ... hormones are also a nightmare!!! Beginning to think I may come back as a fella!!! :rolleyes:

If you were feeling healthy and emotionally upbeat, all these things wouldn't even bother you ... but when you are feeling down, they are all the worst things in the world!!! You are allowed to feel s**t. But you will soon be feeling better ... I am sure!!!

Remember ... you really are doing very well. This is not an easy option ... and it is a major event in your life!!! Look after yourself ... give yourself a break!!!

You can always shout at us lot ... we can then shout back at you when we feel cr*p!!! :D

:hug99:

Stay in bed!

i think pre op, although we know its not true, we think that we are gonna be happy all the time because we're getting thinner and thinner, but of course we aren't, real life resumes x

Thanks! I must admit that the people on this site, particularly the ladies are being a tower of strength to me at the moment. Personally though, I don't see staying in bed as an option, as I'm trying to feel as 'normal' as possible for the moment.

Kim, you just gave me a slap up the side of the head with the great big universal frying pan of enlightenment!! I'm a Scorpio (with Cancer in my lunar position). I have 'water' all over my chart actually. (Incidentally, I'm married to a Pisces, and we got married under a Cancer moon). ~I know the moon is currently waning gibbous (was full on the 12th).
Maybe I should grab my tarots out of hiding and see if tomorrow looks set to be a better day!!

Hubby just brought me a hot water bottle to ease my back (probably wind), and a nice cuppa.

Lets hope tomorrow is a better day. Can't be much worse that today was!!

Bahahahahaha ... you are right ... you are a grumpy cow, lol. :eek: Bet your hubby has his tin hat on tomorrow, lol. You will get over it, just a bit pmt as the op throws all your hormones all over the shop. All these things would have been coped with pre op but now seem like biggies. I'll send you a virtual hug (don't bite me) xxx :grouphugg:

Hiya Kath, we have all been there honey and know just what you are going through. Thing is we have to pull ourselves up and realise that things will get better. You will look back on this one day and be saying the same thing to someone else, but in the meantime, sending you a huge hug and a kiss to go with it. :D

Keep ya pecker up. xxx

That is a lot of water hun. We all have off days but they make us see how fab the good days are.
Will send you some upliftment.
Love and light xxx )O( xxx

Hiya Kath, we have all been there honey and know just what you are going through. Thing is we have to pull ourselves up and realise that things will get better. You will look back on this one day and be saying the same thing to someone else, but in the meantime, sending you a huge hug and a kiss to go with it. :D

Keep ya pecker up. xxx

Too true. Not that many days ago I was feeling the same. Went to bed and the next day it had passed! So here I am, as you will be soon, telling you it is normal, to put ur chin up and smile at future fantasies, which are actually going to become true. (the new slim, happy go lucky you) xxxx

Had a much better day today. Made a point of getting out into the local park to hug a tree (feel 'grounded' now) and feed the ducks!! Ah, the simple things in life, like strolling hand in hand with the hubby!!
Thanks so much for everyones' ongoing support!
Love you all so much xxxxxxxxxx

Don't know why my photo not showing. I have one of me taken this at Robin Hood's Bay . . . don't know where it's gone :(
Well I threw bread at some ducks for you!! Will that do hon?? xx

Don't know why my photo not showing. I have one of me taken this at Robin Hood's Bay . . . don't know where it's gone :(
Well I threw bread at some ducks for you!! Will that do hon?? xx

Yep, love ducks ...spend hours feeding them with my little grandbabies at Bakewell. Used to like them with duck sauce too in another life, lol xxx :D:D

Surely we can cook some regular duck breasts in the 'Goerge' so the fat drains out, then serve with a sugar free sauce??
That's assuming we can digest it without feeling poorly :)

Surely we can cook some regular duck breasts in the 'Goerge' so the fat drains out, then serve with a sugar free sauce??
That's assuming we can digest it without feeling poorly :)

Oo er ... feeling a bit nauscous tonight ... I'll think about it tomorrow xx :wave_cry:

Back