• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Guilt free meal from the Indian takeaway

Stellap

At goal at last.....
Have just had an absolutely gawjus dinner from our local indian takeaway. Chicken Tikka with onion and cucumber raita and salad. Mmmm it was delish and full of protein and I also don't feel guilty for having it (a first having something from the Indian and not feeling guilty) Am 8 months out now and have had a really bad day at the office so it was nice to be able to have a treat like this.

ooh yum. My mouth is watering at the thought. Ive not had indian since the op, but might try what you had steph as I really miss it.

oooo yum yum its nice when you can still feel like you can do 'normal' eating with everyone else occaisionally for a treat! :) xx

I had chicken tikka a couple of weeks ago, figured without the creamy sauce all it is in chicken n spices so that's all good! I would warn you that when i brought it on the Sunday evening and it was hot it went down and stayed down a treat, i saved some for the next night and had extreme discomfort before it came back about 5 hours later... Was oh so lush, i also sometimes make a 'healthy choice' tikka masala for the family and have a sliver of naan bread and oooh its heaven!

Surely our surgery is about making sensible choices for life? With an occasional treat thrown in..

I had chicken tikka a couple of weeks ago, figured without the creamy sauce all it is in chicken n spices so that's all good! I would warn you that when i brought it on the Sunday evening and it was hot it went down and stayed down a treat, i saved some for the next night and had extreme discomfort before it came back about 5 hours later... Was oh so lush, i also sometimes make a 'healthy choice' tikka masala for the family and have a sliver of naan bread and oooh its heaven!

Surely our surgery is about making sensible choices for life? With an occasional treat thrown in..

Exactly how I see it - I used to love my Friday night takeaway and at 8 months out I can eat anything now without a problem - its all about healthy choices and that way i can keep the weight off long term by re-educating myself to make sensible choices that are still yummy. At the Indian I go for Chicken Tikka or Tandori Chicken - I avoid any heavy sauces, if I have bread then I have roti rather than naan(don't have the bread most times as it's just too much with the chicken) and if i have rice then i go for plain basmati rather than pilao (really wish that brown rice was as easy to get as white rice in restaurants)

Most indian places now will do a low/no fat version of my fav curry. i have a spoon or 2 of hubbys rice and some of the meat and sauce and save the rest we eithe have it between us for lunch the following day or I will have it as my main meal and hubby will have whats left as a side dish.

Back