• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

From the Begining - Advise needed!!!

shell_1974

Has no patience!!
My name is Michelle and i currently weight 20st 6lb.
I have had an issue with my weight for as long as i can remember!

Last week, i had an appointment at my local hospital, where i am now on the waiting list for Gastric Surgery. Leading up to this, i was under a Weight Management Clinic for 6mth. I had to go once a month and get weighed, I was then passed over to the hospital for surgery. At my appointment at the hospital (Aug 20th) it started with a nurse taking my weight and bloodpressure then back to the waiting room. I was suprised on how many people were there, all wanting surgery!! Next, we were taken into see a quick slide show / talk about the procedure and what to expect during and after surgery. A dietician came in and went through what we would be eating post surgery, starting with Liquids only - pureed foods - fork mashed to solids, back to waiting room... :confused:
I was eventually called into see one of the consultants, who asked me a few questions - what medication i was regulary taking, general health, which type of Gastric Surgery i had in mind? Back to waiting room!!
On the appointment letter, i had been warned the appointment could take upto 3hrs, my appointment time was 2pm, at this point it was already 5pm. There i was, the last one in the waiting area, all on my lonesome, but it was all worth it - think i would of been happy staying there all night - knowing it was all leading up to me getting slim!! ;)
I was called in to see the Surgeon finally, Mr Ammouri (Dr Love) lol.
He gave me 2 booklets, 1 was about the surgery and the other was the post diet. He also asked which procedure i preferred and the reasons why i had chosen it. I explained i wanted the bypass because i had a sweet tooth, and that i had been told that you can cheat with the band, as things like chocolate can easily slip through into the bottom half of the stomach. He agreed the bypass was a better choice for me as i'd had Gestational Diabeties with both of my pregnancies, and that the bypass would almost confirm that it would stop me developing diabeties later in life. He had told me i would have to have a Sleep Apnia study before the surgery, but he didn't see any problems coming back from it. I had blood taken and then was free to go home, It was now 6pm.
Monday the 24th i went and saw the Psychologist. Everyone who is having the procedure has to undergo some questioning to make sure you understand what will happen to you, and to make sure you are fit for surgery. So here i am, waiting now for my Sleep Test Appointment and my Surgery Date!!:D
CANT COME QUICK ENOUGH!
:beam:

wow your nearly there :D

Good luck and welcome to mini's

Welcome Michelle! It sounds as though you are almost there. Dr. Ammori is one of the best and you are very lucky.

im at salford royal too . i had my sleep test first then saw a consultant at dr new clinicin dec 2008 then saw mr ammori in feb and had my pre ops same day ,saw anethatist week after then wated till about 7 weeks ago to see phsycologist. have been told my op will probably be at the end of september. its been a long time but they seem to be doing things diferent now so i hope you will have a quiker journy, good luck and if you go to the suport meeting on sept. 9th you will see a few of us off this site there ............kath x

Welcome to our little corner of mini's, sounds like things are going really well for you Shell :)

Hello & welcome - Wishing you the very best of luck with your weight loss journey

Welcome to Minis!! Didn't want to read and run!! Good luck!!!

xxx

Welcome to Minis! I hope your wait goes quickly!

Lx

Thanks everyone for your well wishes......
I'll keep u up-dated.
xx

Hi Shell,
welcome to minis. Hope you get your surgery done soon and get on the looser side. All the best love.

farzu xxx

Got my apt thru for Sleep Study, week on tues.
Can almost reach the finish line!!!!!
Not a day goes by where i dont think about the new slim me.....
xx

Hiya lovely and welcome to Minis! Sounds like your 1 stop clinic appointment went well! Good for you and fingers crossed you will get your further dates soon! xxxx

Shell thats great news!! I think we're all the same when we're waiting for our surgery. We can't think of anything else lol.
Good luck with the sleep studyxx

Thanks
Problem is, i aint very patient.. :whistle:

Back