• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gurging/pain

rosejohnson

Home from the USA :-(
Hi all

at 8 weeks post bypass I thought I was running free, but I have been troubled with pain in my stomach and constant gurgling which is only settled by eating!!! So I am nibbling all the time, totally against the principles of bypass surgery. There is also sometimes a sort of burning feeling in my actually tummy, and spasming. It is enough to stop me in my tracks, or make me need to get up if I am sitting down.

It's been niggly for a few days but now it's getting worse to the point where I wonder if I am fit for work.

And it is obviously affecting my food/fluid intake as my stomach spasms when anything hits it. I am having more 'slider' foods too.

I was due to see my bariatric nurse tomorrow, but she has rearranged for the following thurs so I have a bit of a wait, although she is going to ring me tomorrow and see if it is getting any better.

I am not keen to go to my gp as they are not experienced and I have already had a week in hospital with complications since the op, I don't want that again and I think they would send me straight there.

Paracetamol are not helping with the pain at all.

So I wonder what it could be. I would love to know if anybody has had this.

I think I am going to start taking omeprazole and see if that helps.

Any advice/experience would be very welcome.

Sorry for the long post

Rx

oh rose i hope u get sorted soon, i was due at clinic tommorrow as well and they have rearranged my appt for next week the whole clinic must be cancelled my oh took the message so not alot of info:rolleyes: .....
hope you get better soon and i might see u next week xxheather

Hi Rose
I am on Lanzoprazole - an anti-acid which dissolves in the mouth. I would check with your team before taking the omeprazole, not sure your pouch will like them. I know that the Lanzoprazole is one of my permanent pills so am a little surprised that you haven't been prescribed them too.

Have a good chat with your bariatric nurse and don't put that phone down until you feel reassured.

Hugs to you

Lx

I also get the gurgling but it isnt painful at all. Othe bypassers I know get the gurgling as well.

As for the spasms and the burning - I hope you get it sorted soon. The burning could be acid and I too like Lizziebee take lansoprazole so I dont suffer with that.

My stomach is gurgling away as I type and proper noisy it is too. Have you eaten or drank anything thats got too much acid in it like fruit or fruit juice?

Best to get it checked to be on the safe side though.

im gurgling aswel but like the other ladies im on laprozole but mines not perm its only for a month

I have been on lansoprazole since the day of my operation and have been told I will be on it for life. This is the same for all Salford patients so it is a bit strange that you hven't been given the same information as my understanding is that this is standard practice. if I were you, I would ring your bariatric nurse and see if you can have a chat to put your mind at rest. Good luck anyhow, I hope it works out ok for you. XX

Back