• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

GUTTED! Waiting times just got longer...

newcy

Well I finally gave into my neurotic side and rang Sunderland yesterday to ask where I am on the waiting list, only to find out that the waiting times have just got longer. They've been 4 months max for months now but they're now back up to 6 months again.

Mr B is away in Afghanistan so we're back down to 3 surgeons. I could have cried as I was expecting to get the call in the next week and getting the op by the end of the month but now it could be as far away as the end of June.

I've been so positive lately and being patient while the process just took it's course but now I feel all stressed again like I did in the beginning when the op seemed a lifetime away. I've been waiting 15 months now attending the seminar (18 months since referral) so another 2-3 months isn't that long in the grand scheme of things but I thought I was getting so close.

Deep breaths and picture the goal at the end - my time will come (eventually) xxx

Hi Newcy :)

Big hugs ...
Hang on in there , :fingerscrossed: you will get a date soon ..

Nicky xx

Ooops sorry I encouraged you to phone but I really did think you would get some good news am sorry, least you know I suppose and hopefully June will be here b4 u no it hugs xxx

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

waiting times

i know how you feel. i went back march after being at the seminar and then to see the nurses, then had a target loss which i knew i had not met due to having two unplanned operations and not being able to walk. Anyway went to see surgeon last month, and he said three months to loose stone and half see you in three months. so that would be June. However got the appointment through and it is for NOVEMBER i cant maintain this weight nor can i wait much longer. my whole life is on hold waiting. i want to have another baby, i want to get married and i want to be able to be enjoy my life before am passed the age of wearing sexy nice clothing. Am just so mixed up and confused right now. Its already been a year since seminar. waiting times are getting so bad. its unreal. i travelled all the way to sunderland for a 3 minute appointment to be told you didnt loose weight another target then come back. my own nurse could have told me that! feel very gutted with myself. i have tried for years to loose weight and it doesnt come off. when it does it goes back on double. i cant maintain it. could cry x

Its a long journey I waited 21 months from seminar to op, but I promise it was worth the wait. The wait inbetween appointments is the worst that how I didnt meet my weight loss target at first cause Id waited so long I was starting to put the weight back on but I got there eventually. Good Luck x

Aaww good luck to you both. I know the struggle of waiting well. Really hope there is some light at the end of the tunnel soon xxx

Thanks Kim and Nicky.

Ooops sorry I encouraged you to phone but I really did think you would get some good news am sorry, least you know I suppose and hopefully June will be here b4 u no it hugs xxx

I know, its totally your fault! Only kidding hun, I appreciate the support and as disappointed as I am, I'd actually rather know its going to be a while rather than sitting waiting for the phone to ring. I've been patient up until now so I know I can manage another couple of months x

Aaww good luck to you both. I know the struggle of waiting well. Really hope there is some light at the end of the tunnel soon xxx

Thanks hun x

I know it feels like such a long road Kelly - especially if you have wasted appointments. I've been lucky with mine (touch wood) but the time has flown by since I was put on the waiting list. I think the biggest problem for me is that I know how amazing I'm going to feel once the weight starts coming off and I just wish it was now. We'll get there hun x

newcy said:
I know, its totally your fault! Only kidding hun, I appreciate the support and as disappointed as I am, I'd actually rather know its going to be a while rather than sitting waiting for the phone to ring. I've been patient up until now so I know I can manage another couple of months x

Sooooorrrrryyyyy!!! Haha x, Thats a fab attitude. the more u get worked up bout it the longer it will feel like ur waiting. Just think when ever your op date come and by next summer you will be looking fab so stay focused on that and you will get your call in no time xx

So sorry to hear that I knew Mr. B was going out there for a few months shame you having to wait again think i waited almost 2 years to get my op there. xx stay positive you are roll model for other disappointed pre oppers. xx

I know I feel the same. It's so frustrating. I see Mr Schroeder for the camera in march and he told me 3 months for op. I spoke to his secretary this week and she said its 6 months. I've been waiting 18 months now since seminar. I know it's nearly here but just feel so gutted xx

Can i just ask did mr Schroeder do you gastroscopy? He was really rough with me he did my 2nd 1 the 1st one was fine bit of a shock but fine the 2nd time with mr S was not very pleasant at all he didn't spray enough spray on my throat and i knew he hadn't he said he had and told me to swallow and lie down, he was really rough and i could feel it thankfull wasnt as long as the 2st time because he was checking all was well after treatment so went straight to where he needed tobe. I complained to the nurse when i came out but she wasn't having none of it. I came out to reception where my mother was waiting for me i was white as a sheet and after the long drive home bout 40minutes which seemed like hours I was cold and shivering I had a hot bath and got my pjs on it was lunch time i had a good cry and then slept for about 3 hours i think my body was in shock, if i ever have to have that again i would need to be knocked out. I was a complete wreck.x

That's sounds awful. He was in the room but he didn't do it. It was a doctor called Gupta I think and was fine. I had the throat spray and he sprayed loads. I would be the same as you if I'd had your experience, it wasn't very pleasant and hope I don't have to have it again xx

So sorry to hear that I knew Mr. B was going out there for a few months shame you having to wait again think i waited almost 2 years to get my op there. xx stay positive you are roll model for other disappointed pre oppers. xx

Thanks hun. I desperately hoped to get the op over with in the Spring so I could enjoy the Summer but worse case scenario it will still have been only 17 months, so less than others - at least I'm getting the op x

I know I feel the same. It's so frustrating. I see Mr Schroeder for the camera in march and he told me 3 months for op. I spoke to his secretary this week and she said its 6 months. I've been waiting 18 months now since seminar. I know it's nearly here but just feel so gutted xx

Its so difficult to stay positive when it feels like it's taking for ever but we'll get there hun and it will all be worth it in the end x

Yeah it really is and sometimes the op is all I can think about. My focus now is it should be done by September. Well hopefully! X

Can i just ask did mr Schroeder do you gastroscopy? He was really rough with me he did my 2nd 1 the 1st one was fine bit of a shock but fine the 2nd time with mr S was not very pleasant at all he didn't spray enough spray on my throat and i knew he hadn't he said he had and told me to swallow and lie down, he was really rough and i could feel it thankfull wasnt as long as the 2st time because he was checking all was well after treatment so went straight to where he needed tobe. I complained to the nurse when i came out but she wasn't having none of it. I came out to reception where my mother was waiting for me i was white as a sheet and after the long drive home bout 40minutes which seemed like hours I was cold and shivering I had a hot bath and got my pjs on it was lunch time i had a good cry and then slept for about 3 hours i think my body was in shock, if i ever have to have that again i would need to be knocked out. I was a complete wreck.x

What a nightmare hun. I'd rather go through child birth again than have another endo but yours sounds horrendous! Bless you x

That's sounds awful. He was in the room but he didn't do it. It was a doctor called Gupta I think and was fine. I had the throat spray and he sprayed loads. I would be the same as you if I'd had your experience, it wasn't very pleasant and hope I don't have to have it again xx

I had Mr G too and he was lovely but I hope to never need another x

Oh no newcy - gutted too! I was hoping you would be hearing any day now.
You have a fantastic attitude though. I will re-read your post when I feel like we are getting nowhere fast and need some positivity!
Em x

Thanks Em. Hopefully not too long for us both hun and we'll be looking fab for xmas xxx

SUNDERLAND STRIKES AGAIN!!

Really, how long do we have to put up with this. I'm still waiting to see surgeon had seminar January 2011. see surgeon end of may but looking at what is happening with the appointments yet again may have a bypass by Xmas 2013 with any luck LOL

Back