• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2017 surgery

Hiya sweet cheeks I was terrified of going into hospital, one of the main reasons I put it off for so long. But once I got into the ward, I seen all the ladies who were in there were there for the same reasons as me. I think that helped me a lot, once I chatted to the lady in the next bed she said she had been scared too. I told my bf not to come in on the morning of surgery, as I think I knew I would cry. I took a tablet with lots of puzzles on it, to keep my mind occupied. TBH honest there's that much going on in the ward it stops you thinking about things. The day of surgery I was on morpheme so I slept most of the day. Hope all goes well at your pre op. Xx
I hope I get to meet some ppl that are having the op on same day that would be great. I get so nervous without my partner we have been through so much with me being in and out of hospitals I find she calms me down so much.
I hope I sleep though the pain I'm taking all my meds so if they don't give me my oralmorph I'll take my own.
Iv got less than 5weeks till my op and it still doesn't feel real. X

I have less than 4 weeks till my op I start the milk diet on the 1st may and have my pre op assessment on the 3rd. Iv gained 8lbs in 6 weeks I need to lose that before I even start the milk diet so best get on it. Anyone know where I can get chicken Bovril?
Hope alls well with everyone x

Tesco sell it. You could maybe just try a chicken oxo cube, I drank the beef ones and it was fine.
Thank you I will try that as I start on Monday I haven't lost weight I'm so scared they will cancel my op! I have been on a lot of meds and not been well on 3rd lot of antibiotics. So worried its all going to be cancelled because I haven't lost weight :-(

Hi thanks for reply With regard to your diet I would give the dietitians a quick ring, and go through it. My 1st op was cancelled due to no beds because the winter vomiting bug. I've just received my follow appointment for 3rd of may. My pre op assement was in January around 10 days before I was meant to be admitted, I did get another appointment for another pre op assement, but when I attended they said there was no need to go as all my tests from January were still valid for 18 weeks. In January I also seen the bariatric dietician who went through all pre and post op meds in case anything needed to be stopped. I totally understand when you mention your ready for new healthy start. So good luck again, and I hope everything goes well.
Hi how are you getting on? Hope all is well xx

Day one of milk diet today and I must say the sf crusha is gross and really turning my stomach so think I'll stick to plain milk for a wile. Two weeks today till surgery wahooooooooo can't wait x

So a little update.
I have my pre op assessment my BP was so high 157/109!!!
Then again 149/106 crazy high!! So they were going to cancel my op according to the nurse but she said she will email the surgeon and anesthetist and call me well I waited two days and got the call thankfully they still want me in on the same day.
But made me double my BP pills.
So I also brought a BP wrist monitor and according to that my BP is normal now yay!!!!
I have the nurse at my drs tomorrow to see how my BP is and I'm going to ask to be weighed as Il be on day 10 of the milk diet so hopefully that would have helped me lose something.
I will keep you posted.
Only 5 days to go!!!! Aaahhhh so nervous

Another update. I went to the nurse today at my drs and there cuff was broken on there big BP machine so they tried so many others and come up with 140\96 which is still high!!! I'm on double BP pills and according to my wrist BP monitor its not high which is so frustrating.
I also got weighted according to there scales iv only lost 6 lbs in 10 days of milk diet!!!
I am literally so gutted I just hope Monday they will let me have my op. Fingers and toes crossed for me guys.
After that frustrating upsetting news I have done nothing but think about a subway sandwich!! Not even a naughty one just miss a salad sandwich lol
Grrr can't wait for this to be over with I fell I'm spinning round going through the same rubbish and getting no where.
Anyways bring on Monday the 15th may I'm going early so I can relax before they do my bp .
Hope your all well xx

Another update. I went to the nurse today at my drs and there cuff was broken on there big BP machine so they tried so many others and come up with 140\96 which is still high!!! I'm on double BP pills and according to my wrist BP monitor its not high which is so frustrating.
I also got weighted according to there scales iv only lost 6 lbs in 10 days of milk diet!!!
I am literally so gutted I just hope Monday they will let me have my op. Fingers and toes crossed for me guys.
After that frustrating upsetting news I have done nothing but think about a subway sandwich!! Not even a naughty one just miss a salad sandwich lol
Grrr can't wait for this to be over with I fell I'm spinning round going through the same rubbish and getting no where.
Anyways bring on Monday the 15th may I'm going early so I can relax before they do my bp .
Hope your all well xx
Your doing great, I lost on average 2kg a week on the milk diet which is 4.4lb, I was very despondent after my first week but quickly realised that over 4 weeks that a lot of weight so trust me 6lb in 10 days is on par with that, your doing just fine and will probably have lost at least 8lb by Monday

Your doing great, I lost on average 2kg a week on the milk diet which is 4.4lb, I was very despondent after my first week but quickly realised that over 4 weeks that a lot of weight so trust me 6lb in 10 days is on par with that, your doing just fine and will probably have lost at least 8lb by Monday
Oh really? That's about same as me then, that's a relief. I just worried I'm doing something wrong or that its coz I am due on today which means I'll be on just in time for surgery :-(
X

Oh really? That's about same as me then, that's a relief. I just worried I'm doing something wrong or that its coz I am due on today which means I'll be on just in time for surgery :-(
X
Yes I was also gutted on my first week until others pointed out, quite rightly, that they would love to lose 4lb a week. Did you know that you can get medication from your GP to delay your period x

Yes I was also gutted on my first week until others pointed out, quite rightly, that they would love to lose 4lb a week. Did you know that you can get medication from your GP to delay your period x
Oh no I didn't! But I think its to late now as I'm having surgery on Monday xx

Hi Sweetcheeks all the best for Monday and try not to worry about your BP you'll only make it go higher worrying, I once had a reading of 230/127 and they still operated all beit to remove a load of teeth but it was still a general anesthetic. Anyway I sure everything thing will be fine we are all rooting for you.

Stevie D xx

Hi sweet cheeks. Ahh good luck for tomorrow.
I have mine on the 22nd :)
So bloody nervous but excited also. I've been wanting to find someone who is going through the same thing at the same time who's the same age for support and well just someone to talk to about it along the road.
Once again good luck. LiZy xx

Hi Sweetcheeks all the best for Monday and try not to worry about your BP you'll only make it go higher worrying, I once had a reading of 230/127 and they still operated all beit to remove a load of teeth but it was still a general anesthetic. Anyway I sure everything thing will be fine we are all rooting for you.

Stevie D xx
Thank you so much for your kind words.
Wow that is high!! Hope its better now? According to my wrist BP monitor its come down loads but we shall see on Monday I'm hoping to arrive early on Monday so I can relax a little I'm also going to just stay home to relax tomorrow and hope for the best.
I'll keep you posted :)
Xx

Hi sweet cheeks. Ahh good luck for tomorrow.
I have mine on the 22nd :)
So bloody nervous but excited also. I've been wanting to find someone who is going through the same thing at the same time who's the same age for support and well just someone to talk to about it along the road.
Once again good luck. LiZy xx
Hey!!! Lovely to hear from you and thank you.
Im not nervous today but I think I will be tomorrow lol
Iv waited so long and become so unwell this feels like the final hurdle before the start of my new life and actually living.
I'd love to keep in contact I hope I can shed some light after surgery for you.
What hospital are you having it and and what op?
Are you doing the milk diet? I can not wait to not have another bloody milkshake and I love milk!!! Lol
I hope your op goes well and we can both be happy and healthy on the losers bench xx
Xx

Ahh I know exactly how you feel, and you're right it does feel like waving goodbye and saying hello to the new you. I'm having mine a dolton park in Birmingham. I was going through the system with L&D but after a year I just felt like I wasn't going anywhere and my mindset aswell as my body is just going downhill so I ended up going private so it's only been 6weeks and I'm packing my hospital bag! I don't have to do the milk diet just a 1000 calorie diet at 100g carbs a day. Although this week I am going to follow the milk diet just so I know I've done the best I can.
Well a massive good luck for today. I hope you come round with the happiest smile on your face. Let us know how you're getting on when you ar upto it. Good Luck xx

Good luck tomorrow Sweetcheeks, looking forward to your updates once your on the losers bench ! Keep up with the relaxation techniques Xx

Ahh I know exactly how you feel, and you're right it does feel like waving goodbye and saying hello to the new you. I'm having mine a dolton park in Birmingham. I was going through the system with L&D but after a year I just felt like I wasn't going anywhere and my mindset aswell as my body is just going downhill so I ended up going private so it's only been 6weeks and I'm packing my hospital bag! I don't have to do the milk diet just a 1000 calorie diet at 100g carbs a day. Although this week I am going to follow the milk diet just so I know I've done the best I can.
Well a massive good luck for today. I hope you come round with the happiest smile on your face. Let us know how you're getting on when you ar upto it. Good Luck xx
We are saying goodbye to the old us the new us have to work so hard to stay on track with our new tool.
I'm with lnd and its been a long are journey they lost MRE in the system for 6months was awful such an emotional rollercoaster.
Wow I'd love 1000cal of fooooood!!
I make like a chicken soup with chicken Bovril and hot milk it's lovely the highlight of my day but even that over the past two days has been making me feel sick.
So glad to have a variety day after op all be it a tiny amount lol
My ops Monday 15th may so its tomorrow not today. But I will try and get on here when I am home. I'm not sure how long I am going to be in for coz they are doing two ops at once as I have an eptopic pancreas so they are separating my pancreas from my stomach then doing the sleeve.
Then I'm hoping to be pain free after iv healed yay!!!
Thank you so much for your support. I I am not out by the time you have your op I wish you all the best. Xx

Back