• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi Everyone - New Girl Here !

Chub

Hi everyone!

I am 40 years old and been referred for gastric bypass.

I recently had my first appointment with my surgeon's team.

I have funding in place, and have been thinking about this for over 2 years now but its taken 7 months to get this far.

I was bitterly disappointed to be told to go away and think about it for 3 months, when the waiting list in my area is 6 months anyway. There is no appointment in 3 months, I have to wait until the end of April to see anyone again and then get put onto the WL.

I am very tempted to write and ask to be put directly onto the waiting list, but not sure what difference this will make. It just feels like an exercise in keeping their waiting list down!

Chub
xx

Welcome to wlsurgey chub x x

Hi Chub,

Welcome:welcome:

It seems so unfair that with having your funding in place they are making you wait another three months just to think about it.:confused:

I am very tempted to write and ask to be put directly onto the waiting list, but not sure what difference this will make. It just feels like an exercise in keeping their waiting list down!

I would write and tell them you have been thinking about nothing else for the last two years and that it is rather insensitive to tell you go home and to think about it for another three months. Ask them why you can not be put on the waiting list right now seeing how you do have your funding in place and you are ready.

At least this way you have it in writing that you were not happy and they just might do something about it.

Love Mini xxx

Hi Chub welcome to minis hun really fantastic site this:) Lots of friendly people on here at various stages of surgery:)

Sharon

Hi there, I am new too, still finding my way around. I have been turned down twice, am being put forward again, so hoping really hard that I get approved this time.
Good luck hun, wishing you all the best

Hiya and :welcome:, i'm fairly new here myself but everyone is really friendly and there's lots of help and advice available :)
Sharon

Hi Chub and welcome.

Which hospital are you under? Theres bound to be someone here thats been to your hospital, and then we can give you an idea of the waiting period.

Hi,
Welcome on board.
This site is fab, with people at all stages of the weight loss surgery rollercoaster.
Leanne x

Back