• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2017 surgery

Sweetcheeks84

Finally got my op date after 20months waiting .... May 15th 2017 yay!!! Finally I can now prepare for the future and plan what's next in life.
Milk diet starts 1st may which I'm nervous about as haven't done it due to my condition but the surgeon said it should be fine for the two weeks before surgery.
Exciting times ..... Never give up and keep nagging and checking what they are doing as they lost me in the system for months.

Hi I had my sleeve almost a month ago, and it was the best decision I've made. I've lost 2 stones, still on purée diet until Monday, then onto soft foods. The operation itself went straight forward and I was only in bad pain for a day or 2, and off painkillers within a week. Healed nicely and will left with next to no scars from the keyhole surgery. As a type 1 diabetic I did have to do the lsd but with I was allowed to eat a very low calorie, low carb diet. Once the first 2 to 3 days have past the diet doesn't seem to bother you and you just get on with it. I was meant to have my op in Jan but it got cancelled. Good luck with your op and keep thinking this is the last hurdle and the goal,is in sight, that's what worked for me, and once you see the pounds come off it motivates you..

Hi I had my sleeve almost a month ago, and it was the best decision I've made. I've lost 2 stones, still on purée diet until Monday, then onto soft foods. The operation itself went straight forward and I was only in bad pain for a day or 2, and off painkillers within a week. Healed nicely and will left with next to no scars from the keyhole surgery. As a type 1 diabetic I did have to do the lsd but with I was allowed to eat a very low calorie, low carb diet. Once the first 2 to 3 days have past the diet doesn't seem to bother you and you just get on with it. I was meant to have my op in Jan but it got cancelled. Good luck with your op and keep thinking this is the last hurdle and the goal,is in sight, that's what worked for me, and once you see the pounds come off it motivates you..
Hi thank you for your msg. Sounds like alls going great for you hope mines as smooth.
I think I will be fine on the diet all being well with my pancreas not kicking off I just need to speak to them and make sure I know what I'm doing as I haven't been told what they want me to do apart from do the milk diet. I think they assumed iiv done it but I didn't coz the surgeon said for me not to invade it kicked of my condition.
Do you mind me asking why your op was cancelled? And did you get your 6week post op appointments before your op coz I got mine today.
I haven't had my pre op assessment appointment yet other do you know when that comes?
Sorry for all the questions.
I have waited so long and I feel iv had my fair share of emotional stress through out as I'm sure a lot of people have on here I'm just so ready to be healthy amd to start living again I am literally on hold till my op its so scary but I can't wait.
Let me know how you get on with your soft food xxxx take care hun xx

Excellent news Sweetcheeks, try not to worry about it being cancelled, I'm sure it won't be as there is not so much pressure on the NHS in May, I'm a worrier too but it's true what people say to me.....worrying can't and won't change anything, how exciting only 5 weeks to go :woohoo: X

Thank you I'm so happy I am just worried it will be cancelled ii would be so gutted. I am on the afternoon list too so I'm worried it won't happen that day. Little worrying xx

Try not to worry, all you can do on the day is to make sure they don't forget about you and see if you can get bumped up the list by being super early!

I had to be there for 7.30am and was due for surgery in the afternoon too. Can you believe someone didn't turn up? First down was a lady who had been cancelled from the week before but with the no show all went to plan x

Excellent news Sweetcheeks, try not to worry about it being cancelled, I'm sure it won't be as there is not so much pressure on the NHS in May, I'm a worrier too but it's true what people say to me.....worrying can't and won't change anything, how exciting only 5 weeks to go :woohoo: X
I know I shouldnt I just worry as I just want my life back.
Really hope it goes ahead I have to get back on track with the hole diet thing iv been eating for England.
Start the milk diet on the 1st may hopefully that will help a little too. How is your journey coming along? Xx

I know I shouldnt I just worry as I just want my life back.
Really hope it goes ahead I have to get back on track with the hole diet thing iv been eating for England.
Start the milk diet on the 1st may hopefully that will help a little too. How is your journey coming along? Xx
I know it's such a challenge isn't it, is there a weight to have to reach before your surgery day ? I'm ok thanks, just wish I was as close as you are though x

Try not to worry, all you can do on the day is to make sure they don't forget about you and see if you can get bumped up the list by being super early!

I had to be there for 7.30am and was due for surgery in the afternoon too. Can you believe someone didn't turn up? First down was a lady who had been cancelled from the week before but with the no show all went to plan x
Wow really that's awful!! Why wouldn't you turn up and waist there time.
I need to be there at 11am he said I'd be first down if its possible but I may turn up before 11am and see if they will fit me in just in case.
Thanks for the advice. I got my pre op assessment date today it's on the 3 rd May which is my mums birthday so I'm having some cake on the 29th so I can celebrate with her before the milk diet.
Can I ask how did you find the change from "normal" eating to now? Was it really hard going from just milk to stock then to puree? I think I will be fine but I do worry about hair loss as my hair is So fine and thin as it is xx

I know it's such a challenge isn't it, is there a weight to have to reach before your surgery day ? I'm ok thanks, just wish I was as close as you are though x
Back to what I was when last went there which was 20st 7lbs but hopefully less after the milk diet but I'm starting dieting Monday coz the more weight I lose before the safer it will be for me.
I completely understand hun I have spent nearly two years with my life on hold and crying and being messed about by hospital and I won't lie it's been tough but there is a !massive light at the end of the tunnel there is an end to the upset when you get the OK for your op and the date and if feels like everything was worth each and every upset because once you have that op your new healthy lifestyle and living actually begins. I can not wait till I'm off all my pills and not in so much agony at 32 years old I feel I'm trapped but once iv had this surgery life will finally Begin for me and I believe it has and will for us all coz we have chosen this life changing op and we have to fight day in and day out to keep fit and healthy.
You will be here where I am soon enough and when you are my lovely you too will feel the release i feel knowing life just around the corner. Yay!!!!! Bring on the healthy life and happiness xx

Thank Hun, I'll just keep plodding on, good luck with the milk diet, I found it fairly easy as there were no food choice to make x

Wow really that's awful!! Why wouldn't you turn up and waist there time.
I need to be there at 11am he said I'd be first down if its possible but I may turn up before 11am and see if they will fit me in just in case.
Thanks for the advice. I got my pre op assessment date today it's on the 3 rd May which is my mums birthday so I'm having some cake on the 29th so I can celebrate with her before the milk diet.
Can I ask how did you find the change from "normal" eating to now? Was it really hard going from just milk to stock then to puree? I think I will be fine but I do worry about hair loss as my hair is So fine and thin as it is xx

Got to be worth a try!

It was a little different for me as I'd had a band before, so the whole transition was something I'd done before. Trust me though, it soon becomes the 'normal' way of eating, just make sure you follow the post op advice the team give you and make sure you take your vitamins. Hopefully then you'll be ok hair wise too xx

Oh wow just seen you have your date! Not long to wait either!!! I have my anaesthetist and surgeon appt the week after next so hoping I will go into a waiting list.

Got to be worth a try!

It was a little different for me as I'd had a band before, so the whole transition was something I'd done before. Trust me though, it soon becomes the 'normal' way of eating, just make sure you follow the post op advice the team give you and make sure you take your vitamins. Hopefully then you'll be ok hair wise too xx
I have never dine the milk diet do I have to take vitamins when I do that? I'm going to call them and ask tomorrow what the plan is.
When it said broth does that mean like stock cubes? Or is there anything else you can have to eat in the for weeks? So confusing. Sorry to pick your brains lol x

Oh wow just seen you have your date! Not long to wait either!!! I have my anaesthetist and surgeon appt the week after next so hoping I will go into a waiting list.
Yes im so happy to finally get my date. Hope all goes well keep us posted on how you get on.
What hospital are you with?xx

Hi thank you for your msg. Sounds like alls going great for you hope mines as smooth.
I think I will be fine on the diet all being well with my pancreas not kicking off I just need to speak to them and make sure I know what I'm doing as I haven't been told what they want me to do apart from do the milk diet. I think they assumed iiv done it but I didn't coz the surgeon said for me not to invade it kicked of my condition.
Do you mind me asking why your op was cancelled? And did you get your 6week post op appointments before your op coz I got mine today.
I haven't had my pre op assessment appointment yet other do you know when that comes?
Sorry for all the questions.
I have waited so long and I feel iv had my fair share of emotional stress through out as I'm sure a lot of people have on here I'm just so ready to be healthy amd to start living again I am literally on hold till my op its so scary but I can't wait.
Let me know how you get on with your soft food xxxx take care hun xx
Hi thanks for reply With regard to your diet I would give the dietitians a quick ring, and go through it. My 1st op was cancelled due to no beds because the winter vomiting bug. I've just received my follow appointment for 3rd of may. My pre op assement was in January around 10 days before I was meant to be admitted, I did get another appointment for another pre op assement, but when I attended they said there was no need to go as all my tests from January were still valid for 18 weeks. In January I also seen the bariatric dietician who went through all pre and post op meds in case anything needed to be stopped. I totally understand when you mention your ready for new healthy start. So good luck again, and I hope everything goes well.

My operation was at Sunderland royal hospital under the care of Mr. P. Small. You might have seen him on the tv. Or weight loss ward on itv a few years ago. He did want me to feature in a show.. " the Kyle files" but I declined the offer.

Hi thanks for reply With regard to your diet I would give the dietitians a quick ring, and go through it. My 1st op was cancelled due to no beds because the winter vomiting bug. I've just received my follow appointment for 3rd of may. My pre op assement was in January around 10 days before I was meant to be admitted, I did get another appointment for another pre op assement, but when I attended they said there was no need to go as all my tests from January were still valid for 18 weeks. In January I also seen the bariatric dietician who went through all pre and post op meds in case anything needed to be stopped. I totally understand when you mention your ready for new healthy start. So good luck again, and I hope everything goes well.
Good evening thank you for answering my many questions. I got my pre op assessment on the 3rd of may at luton & Dunstable can't wait I'm currently wondering if its really sunk in as last night my partner and I were just talking about things an I got so upset as I remember when I had my last op I had a terrible experience and it really upset me when my partner had to leave me before I went into have that op. I suffer terribly with anxiety so its all building up. I think its just nerves creeping in worrying am I fit and healthy enough for the op but I'm sure all will be fine.
I will call my dietitian in a few day when I have a moment I need to know everything ii don't want to get sick before my op.
Hope you have a good week xx

Hiya sweet cheeks I was terrified of going into hospital, one of the main reasons I put it off for so long. But once I got into the ward, I seen all the ladies who were in there were there for the same reasons as me. I think that helped me a lot, once I chatted to the lady in the next bed she said she had been scared too. I told my bf not to come in on the morning of surgery, as I think I knew I would cry. I took a tablet with lots of puzzles on it, to keep my mind occupied. TBH honest there's that much going on in the ward it stops you thinking about things. The day of surgery I was on morpheme so I slept most of the day. Hope all goes well at your pre op. Xx

Back