• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

May 2017 surgery

Good luck tomorrow Sweetcheeks, looking forward to your updates once your on the losers bench ! Keep up with the relaxation techniques Xx
Thank you so much hun means a lot I will try and get on before I leave tomorrow I am having afternoon surgery so don't have to be there till 11am not bad but got to have my milk by 7,30am
Injection at6pm tonight and meds. Fingers crossed all will be fine tomorrow xxxx

Good luck tomorrow, hope all goes well and will be waiting for you to join the losers club.
Take care of yourself, all will be well. Xx
Thank you so much iv just dome my injection and taken the meds now just to pack the last bits and then I'm all set for the early morning starts.
Can't wait to be in the club with you all bring on my healthy new life :) xxxx

Oh really? That's about same as me then, that's a relief. I just worried I'm doing something wrong or that its coz I am due on today which means I'll be on just in time for surgery :-(
X
It will be the fluid retention prior to your period that is probably stopping you losing more. The significant loss that most people get (but not all) in the first week of the LRD is mainly fluid. Are you drinking plenty of water?

We are saying goodbye to the old us the new us have to work so hard to stay on track with our new tool.
I'm with lnd and its been a long are journey they lost MRE in the system for 6months was awful such an emotional rollercoaster.
Wow I'd love 1000cal of fooooood!!
I make like a chicken soup with chicken Bovril and hot milk it's lovely the highlight of my day but even that over the past two days has been making me feel sick.
So glad to have a variety day after op all be it a tiny amount lol
My ops Monday 15th may so its tomorrow not today. But I will try and get on here when I am home. I'm not sure how long I am going to be in for coz they are doing two ops at once as I have an eptopic pancreas so they are separating my pancreas from my stomach then doing the sleeve.
Then I'm hoping to be pain free after iv healed yay!!!
Thank you so much for your support. I I am not out by the time you have your op I wish you all the best. Xx
Good luck tomorrow :)

It will be the fluid retention prior to your period that is probably stopping you losing more. The significant loss that most people get (but not all) in the first week of the LRD is mainly fluid. Are you drinking plenty of water?
Yes I have been plus I'm on double BP meds who are water tablets too so I'm peeing for England lol
Iv still not come on yay!!! Although prob will by time I get to the hospital. (Sorry tmi)
I am just having my last slimfast and coffee and then 7,30 on to water.
Did you feel sick with the meds they give you? Iv felt sick since I took them last night.
I am not nervous yet but I'm sure I will feel it when I get there.
Have a Fab day I'll be back on once I'm home xxx

Yes I have been plus I'm on double BP meds who are water tablets too so I'm peeing for England lol
Iv still not come on yay!!! Although prob will by time I get to the hospital. (Sorry tmi)
I am just having my last slimfast and coffee and then 7,30 on to water.
Did you feel sick with the meds they give you? Iv felt sick since I took them last night.
I am not nervous yet but I'm sure I will feel it when I get there.
Have a Fab day I'll be back on once I'm home xxx
What meds are they? Don't remember being feeling sick with anything, or any meds beforehand.., I actually became remarkably calm once I reached the hospital and went into a 'zone' inside my head.

Hope it has gone well when you read this. x

I am ALIVE!!!! Yay! Just got home I had a terrible time tbh.
Got there waited till 5pm!!! Walked into theatre laid on the bed the tried 3 times to put a canular in of which I had already had a Convo with the anesthetist to whom I told they were bad gains his reply was No one has bad vains they are all the same but its probably coz you have fat arms so they are harder to see!!! To which I was so shocked I said nothing!
Anyways after 3 attempt to canulate they put me to sleep with mask first.
Then woke up in recovery gasping for air I couldn't breath then the pass the phone to me with my partner at the other end hearing me struggling to breath. Eventually the realised something was wrong. Next thing I new I was on a ward on oxygen in agony because my pancreas wasn't happy with being handled for them to separate my stomach from my pancreas (my ectopic pancreas) it kicked off due to drugs and dehydration too.
I was then given a scan to look to see why I was in agony and it confirmed I had fluid in both lungs left being more severe but with no leaks or anything but ju loads of gas and pancreas pain on top of surgery pain. In all I spent 9days in hospital in agony I was a mess but the surgery went fine and the surgery pain wasn't to bad but my pancreas pain and chest pain plus wind pain and feeling sore was a massive amount of pure agony that I wish never to visit again.
I was vomiting all week (due to my pancreas) I have managed little bit of milk and juice that's it.
Just got home with loads of meds but no more antibiotics and they didn't give me any vitamins at all?
Plus side my BP has been great and my blood sugar have been great part from yesterday was to low so had to have lucozade.
I was weighed just after surgery I was 130.9 which meant I'd put weight on!!
Then got weighed today 128.2kg
Not much of a loss considering I was on iv fluids only till yesterday lol
Apart from all the drama I'm home and now can start my journey. How are you doing? Xxx

I am ALIVE!!!! Yay! Just got home I had a terrible time tbh.
Got there waited till 5pm!!! Walked into theatre laid on the bed the tried 3 times to put a canular in of which I had already had a Convo with the anesthetist to whom I told they were bad gains his reply was No one has bad vains they are all the same but its probably coz you have fat arms so they are harder to see!!! To which I was so shocked I said nothing!
Anyways after 3 attempt to canulate they put me to sleep with mask first.
Then woke up in recovery gasping for air I couldn't breath then the pass the phone to me with my partner at the other end hearing me struggling to breath. Eventually the realised something was wrong. Next thing I new I was on a ward on oxygen in agony because my pancreas wasn't happy with being handled for them to separate my stomach from my pancreas (my ectopic pancreas) it kicked off due to drugs and dehydration too.
I was then given a scan to look to see why I was in agony and it confirmed I had fluid in both lungs left being more severe but with no leaks or anything but ju loads of gas and pancreas pain on top of surgery pain. In all I spent 9days in hospital in agony I was a mess but the surgery went fine and the surgery pain wasn't to bad but my pancreas pain and chest pain plus wind pain and feeling sore was a massive amount of pure agony that I wish never to visit again.
I was vomiting all week (due to my pancreas) I have managed little bit of milk and juice that's it.
Just got home with loads of meds but no more antibiotics and they didn't give me any vitamins at all?
Plus side my BP has been great and my blood sugar have been great part from yesterday was to low so had to have lucozade.
I was weighed just after surgery I was 130.9 which meant I'd put weight on!!
Then got weighed today 128.2kg
Not much of a loss considering I was on iv fluids only till yesterday lol
Apart from all the drama I'm home and now can start my journey. How are you doing? Xxx
Sweetcheeks you don't know how good it is to hear from you..... it sounds like you have had a rough time but the main thing is to look forward now and enjoy the losers bench, all the very best to you, hope you feel stronger each day. Big hugs :hugs:XxXx

HI sweetcheeks, so sorry to hear you had a rough time of it. The last time I was in hospital they had terrible trouble getting a Canula in me. It took them 7 yes 7 attempts and a lot of pain and bleeding. I will ask if I can be put out using gas as I would prefer it to the pain of the white stuff going up my arm and the needles going in the back of my hands, wrists, feet or elbows. They haven't tried my head yet but I won't speak to soon.
Hope you are feeling better soon
Steve xx

HI sweetcheeks, so sorry to hear you had a rough time of it. The last time I was in hospital they had terrible trouble getting a Canula in me. It took them 7 yes 7 attempts and a lot of pain and bleeding. I will ask if I can be put out using gas as I would prefer it to the pain of the white stuff going up my arm and the needles going in the back of my hands, wrists, feet or elbows. They haven't tried my head yet but I won't speak to soon.
Hope you are feeling better soon
Steve xx
Oh I have that every time I'm in hospital I have problem vains they always out them in my feet or elbow wrist threatened me with my neck that's one I never want as its so dangerous. I'm black and blue I had 5 nurses try over and over in one night each took several goes and still had no luck. By the time the anesthetist come to help it was two pm the next day I was without fluid for 19hrs couldn't take anything orally coz my pancreatitis kicking off and vomiting I was really poorly.
As for them doing it for surgery they tried 4 times it was agony then gave me the gas and I was asleep I woke up with 3 of them in my hand it was awful. My arms are awful black all over I couldn't believe what a mess I was in.
I'm not in to much pain now thank goodness n it's great to be home.
Thank you for your kind words I hope you don't have to visit a hospital anytime soon xx

Unfortunately I will be in hospital very soon I hope for my weight loss surgery. All I'm waiting for is the date, obviously I will have to endure the LSD for 3 weeks prior. I've had all the pre-op assessment and bloods done, had to re inject as the vein broke down during the collection flow. I am having a band fitted and a hernia removed from the top of my stomach. Just anxious to get the date now, fed up of waiting.

Unfortunately I will be in hospital very soon I hope for my weight loss surgery. All I'm waiting for is the date, obviously I will have to endure the LSD for 3 weeks prior. I've had all the pre-op assessment and bloods done, had to re inject as the vein broke down during the collection flow. I am having a band fitted and a hernia removed from the top of my stomach. Just anxious to get the date now, fed up of waiting.
Oh wow cool yes its the long Wait that's frustrating butbitbwill come soon enough, are you at L&D hospital? X

No my hospital is Walsall Manor in the West Midlands and my surgeon is Amir Khan, not the boxer, kind you he would be able to knock me out just as well, lol. If I can on the day of the surgery I will try to do a minute by minute update of what goes on. if I am unable to I will try and keep a record of events on paper to report when I'm able. As you well know following the surgery you're not always in the best shape to post messages or the like.

No my hospital is Walsall Manor in the West Midlands and my surgeon is Amir Khan, not the boxer, kind you he would be able to knock me out just as well, lol. If I can on the day of the surgery I will try to do a minute by minute update of what goes on. if I am unable to I will try and keep a record of events on paper to report when I'm able. As you well know following the surgery you're not always in the best shape to post messages or the like.
On the day its so busy well when your waiting it drags but then its all go! After surgery I really wanted to post on here but I was way to poorly and tbh your so high on pain killers your asleep a lot. I really hope all goes well and the gas pain goes fast ju remember keep moving and try to lay flat so the air will come out. Xxx

I do know what the gas pain is like having had numerous investigations via flexible sigmoidoscopy procedures, once you get back on the ward. Not to be embarrassed about letting it out so to speak as the nursing staff are very used to it. The pain is bad but tolerable as I have suffered from IBS for many years and have gotten used to severe abdominal pain over the years as well as colitis. Must admit though not exactly looking forward to the pain. Not many posts explaining on the site what the pain is like you only seem to find info during conversations like we are having. That's given me an idea to maybe start a thread entitled what the pain is like and ways of dealing with, how to prepare for it if you can. If nothing else it will help pass the time until the surgery but more so it will help people.

I do know what the gas pain is like having had numerous investigations via flexible sigmoidoscopy procedures, once you get back on the ward. Not to be embarrassed about letting it out so to speak as the nursing staff are very used to it. The pain is bad but tolerable as I have suffered from IBS for many years and have gotten used to severe abdominal pain over the years as well as colitis. Must admit though not exactly looking forward to the pain. Not many posts explaining on the site what the pain is like you only seem to find info during conversations like we are having. That's given me an idea to maybe start a thread entitled what the pain is like and ways of dealing with, how to prepare for it if you can. If nothing else it will help pass the time until the surgery but more so it will help people.
Oh wow that's awful pain my partner has IBS. Yes that's a great idea I am honest about my pain but I have other health issue so was in agony but I think that would help many ppl x

Hiya all how are you? I'm now 4 weeks post op on soft foods puree is gross!!! Not the high light of my day but now being 4weeks out I can have soft mashed foods yay!!!
I'm healing well and walking more I'm off all pain meds so far I haven't lost much in the last few weeks, I lost 1st 3 lbs in a week after surgery but haven't lost much since sadly but I'm hoping it will soon come off. Xx

Hey Sweetcheeks, I am happy that you are recovering well. I haven't had my surgery as of yet, but we do all heal differently and our bodies react to things in different ways. 4 weeks is not a long time really. Consider what your body has gone through over the last few months and how many changes it is dealing with. 17lbs is a lot of weight to lose. A hell of a lot almost a sack of potatoes. Please don't dismay think of it as a positive, your skin is catching up with your weight loss.

Remember to celebrate the small successes, like being able to walk and being off pain medication. There are lots of behind the scene stuff going on. Be patient and enjoy your journey, remember this is not a race, this is a whole new lifestyle for you. Take your time, you will get there..

P

Back