• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gutted!!

sophiapink100

Well there goes my pre op diet. I have had a phone call saying my surgery has been cancelled as my bloods are showing I may have something sinister going on. To give you a bit of back story I get at least 1-2 infections a month. Sometimes lots hit me at once and make me really poorly. I've been going docs for ages begging to be referred to find out what's wrong and they've refused Last few times I've had bloods done at hosp it's raised questions but they said it would be ok. Now 3 weeks before my op the surgeon is refusing to operate. They've said it needs looking into and when they find out what's wrong they will decide whether to re schedule the op. Gutted is an understatement!

Aaahhhh big hugs sophiapink!!! My first date for my op was cancelled - hospital said they had a patient who needed a theatre all day. I know it's for a different reason, but let's hope now they will get to the bottom of your blood results, it is better to go into surgery as fit and well as you can be to reduce any possible complications, - and I know that won't help how u r feeling right now, but you will get there, keep strong!!! Big hugs xxxx

oh hunni, im sorry.
its best thou that they find out whats wrong and treat you now rather than after youve had whats essentially major surgery

your gp must have been at school with mine, they poo pooed all of my symptoms and problems for years until i landed in a & e and the appalled doctor put in a referal to rhumatology herself

Better to be safe than sorry. Hopefully you'll get some answers.

Aaahhhh big hugs sophiapink!!! My first date for my op was cancelled - hospital said they had a patient who needed a theatre all day. I know it's for a different reason, but let's hope now they will get to the bottom of your blood results, it is better to go into surgery as fit and well as you can be to reduce any possible complications, - and I know that won't help how u r feeling right now, but you will get there, keep strong!!! Big hugs xxxx

Thank you Hun. Just didn't expect it to happen xx

oh hunni, im sorry. its best thou that they find out whats wrong and treat you now rather than after youve had whats essentially major surgery your gp must have been at school with mine, they poo pooed all of my symptoms and problems for years until i landed in a & e and the appalled doctor put in a referal to rhumatology herself

I literally have no respect for GPs now. Everytime I go the answer is "it's because you're overweight"

I literally have no respect for GPs now. Everytime I go the answer is "it's because you're overweight"

they definatly went to the same doctor school

hope the hospital gives them merry hell for thier lack of care

Hugest hugs - devastated for you xx

oh no hun you must be gutted, but better to be on the safe side eh, and im sure you'd love to get to the bottom of all the infections anyway :) lets hope its sorted quickly and back on your way x x x

well at least something being done now ..I know your disappointed but better to get sorted before your op ....they havnt said they are not doing just delaying it so don't give up hope ,don't give in you will get there

awww man :( what is it with doctors eh! but dont throw out all the good work youve done! Keep going with a healthy balanced diet anyway! x x

sos sorry sophie though i can relate my surgery is on hold for blood works as i had some dodgy results but as they say better safe than sorry you wouldnt want them to operate and you bleed to death or something it is better to get it sorted before hand wishing you well and they get it sorted soon big hugs

sos sorry sophie though i can relate my surgery is on hold for blood works as i had some dodgy results but as they say better safe than sorry you wouldnt want them to operate and you bleed to death or something it is better to get it sorted before hand wishing you well and they get it sorted soon big hugs

Thank you! How long did it take for you to get back on the list for an op? I'm just worried this will put me behind a lot! X

Thank you all.

Just frustrating that they knew my issues for day 1 and still booked me in for surgery and got me on my pre op diet x

im not relisted yet as i dont see haemotology until the 27th im hoping i stayed on the list just on hold as the letter said on hold will keep fingers crossed all goes well for you and that it is nothing serious and you get the op quickly

im not relisted yet as i dont see haemotology until the 27th im hoping i stayed on the list just on hold as the letter said on hold will keep fingers crossed all goes well for you and that it is nothing serious and you get the op quickly

That's who I have to see as well. I don't really know what they do?

they can do blood tests that a gp cant request my gp requested all he could for me but as i was still coming up with bruising and the tests he ran were clear they felt it needed further tests that only haemotology can run im sure you will be fine as will i but then im a positive thinker

Lets hope they now get to the bottom of your infections now!

I have recently changed to a new GP and he is amazing! Sent me straight for bariatric surgery, tested my bloods/sent for scans etc, for everything going (found lacking in Vit D and B's, found PCOS, found endometrial issues - even had an op)!

My old GP practice, just brushed all my concerns with the 'cos your over weight' brush. If you arent happy with your GP, find a new one!

Hope things get moving and sorted quickly for you! xx

Back