• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

3 day became 3 week admission!

Hi Alison,
How are you doing lovely?

Hope they are managing to get on top of infection and that you are starting to feel better!

Thinking of you and sending healing your way.

I'm still in bed a lot, feel exhausted and sleeping so much. Antibiotics continue. Only managing tiny amounts, mostly liquid diet. Bladder problems ongoing too, seeing consultant fri am and bladder scan fri pm.

Hope you're being well looked after xx

I am all set for home once my tablets come, can't wait.

Feel very worn out but so excited, let's hope the motorway is kind to us xx

Hope your bladder scan went ok this morning, I bet you really didn't feel up to that today xx

Wow, you're well enough to go home?! That's great news!!
You will get better rest there in your own bed. I'm sleeping a lot so don't be surprised if you do too. Are you free of infection now or are you taking antibiotics?
Remember you've been through soooooo much so need to listen to your body and not do too much! Have you got district nurses visiting to monitor dressings etc?

Bladder scan is this afternoon.
Been to see surgeon this morning, pleased with progress in that anti biotics are working and inflammatory markers have really come down a lot.
Says exhaustion usually lasts for 6-8 weeks.
Another drain out and last one will come out in a few weeks.
Still not eating much, not feeling hungry - advised having slim fasts for protein as struggling with puréed!
On the plus side I've lost one and a half stone!
He also considers there are medications they can give me to retrain my bladder but need the scan first to determine why it's the way it is. If I'm retaining they'll have to re catheterise, if not then will have to see what options are!

Hope you get your meds soon so that you can set off home in the daylight, avoiding rush hour and get home - bet you can't wait!
Sending hugs and healing
Ruth xx

Back