• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gym - Excersise?

Miss DeeDee

Post Opper
Has anyone started or considering starting a gym or exercise our local swimming pool is closed not even sure when it will open again. wondering if anyone is going to do this ?

I have someone from "gym at home" to my house every week for what I call my PE lesson, to embarrassed to go to the gym yet, but will hope to post op. It's great doing it at home with someone to motivate and guide you to what's best. The £20 I pay comes out my shopping money!! ha ha

Yes, I joined our local Dragons' Den gym (IYKWIM!). I wanted it mostly for swimming as I find public pool is just too cold. I do want to use the resistance equipment too to tone up but haven't yet organised my gym induction;) I have been to a few aquarobics classes too which are brilliant fun and work those muscles well! See if you can get a good deal before January - they put up their prices then as everyone has a new year's resolution lol.

However, that said, if swimming's not your thing then walking plenty should help and that is free!

T the mo I am pre op but when I see the drs ob the 29th I will ask how long after surgery will I be able to go to the gym as the is what my new year resolution is.
My local Gym charge £17 per month no contract and is open 24 hrs a day

i hate excerrsise to be honest - i dont mind swimming if theres no one around, but i know i need to do some - just not sure what to do the gyms round here are very expensive, i love line dancing but the only local classes are during the day when i work, must look into it as i dont want loads of skin - that is if the weight loss every picks up again....................

I have re joined the gym and love it have had to give up my quilting class that was £9 a week and the gym s £39 a month so the same i go late evening and sometimes get the pool to myself but i have a big wrap i wear to the edge of the pool then just slip in quick.
Will have to put membership on hold for 8 weeks after op but they do that free so no problem :)

I started going to the gym 4 times a week from March, I love it. The hospital provided a personal trainer for one hour a week too, he was fantastic, a friend and I used to see him together as we preferred that, then she had her op 2 days before me so we will start again in the new year together. I never thought I would miss exercise but I really do!

Back