• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Excess Skin????

So, what you're saying is that I wont magically lose 7 stone overnight after having the band fitted?........bugger!!!

:whistle:

it took me 18 months to lose 7st, banders lose fairly slow and average a 1-2llbs a week lost, some weeks with no loses, the band isnt a magic cure and you will only get out of it what you put in effort and will power wise. the band is just an aid to help us lose it does not make the food choices for us x

Seriously though, I am looking forward to it. Would be nice to be a size large, where I can go into a shop & purchase based entirely on preference, not on what they have got in XXL! :argh:

Xmas with a golf ball sized stomach will be interesting!!!

Can't believe how positive & supportive everybody on here is! :)

christmas isnt to bad i still have christmas lunch with my family i just dont eat the bits that i cant have.

my christmas dinner consists of...

a small slice of turkey, mash, peas, carrots brockli, turnip, gravy and an aunty bessies yorshire pud as i cant mange home made ones, it was very nice and i had no problems at all ;)

hello BBS welcome to minis i had a gastric bypass 9th sep 08 and im almost 19 stone down and have huge amounts of lose skin and just been referd to the plastics for a full body lift, as i was big for so long i did not have much elasticity left in my skin, everyone is diffrent i wish you luck on your wls journey x x x x xxsarah

height?

Hi Rob, how tall are you rob? 19stone and age 24 your skin is still very supple, everyone however is different. I would say just take your time and loose the weight consistently and slowly as it will be easier for the skin to adjust to the change.

Your gonna get no restriction at the start following your OP, also because of your preop and post of weight loss expect to stall a little, at which point you will get your first fill, and so on. Then as the gals have said its a matter of finding the right tightness for your band where you loose weight each week consistently(sweet spot).

Walking will help your recovery from the band and it will help with ease the trapped wind you will get.

Dont try to do to much at the start exercise wise, just let your stitches heal on the inside as well as the outside, in the long run starting slow can mean a better recovery.

Good luck on your new journey and keep in touch.

Hi Rob and:welcome2: to minis. I'm a bander and have only a little excess skin. Mine is more wrinkly at the moment but I'm excercising regular by walking my horse. Excess skin is to be expected with any weight loss but the band being a slower loss helps you combat the excess.
Good luck on your weight loss journeyxx

Back