• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gym

jj87

I'm starting gym and would like to know what people eat before and after. Thanks

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hi @jj87 , it depends what time of day and what I'll be doing!

I see my personal trainer on a Sunday morning and have a protein shake before I go and a small banana. He advises that I should eat some protein when I get home and some fat/whole grain carbs. So I usually have poached egg on wholegrain toast with butter and some spinach leaves.

If I'm going after work, I wouldn't have anything as I wouldn't have time. But afterwards would have some chicken or fish, with some vegetables and some wholegrain rice.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy it. Are you planning on doing classes or gym workouts? xx

FeeBee

I normally go mid morning so have had overnight oats with fruit and chai seeds a couple of hours before and then a protein bar after if I'm hungry :)

jj87

Hi @jj87 , it depends what time of day and what I'll be doing!

I see my personal trainer on a Sunday morning and have a protein shake before I go and a small banana. He advises that I should eat some protein when I get home and some fat/whole grain carbs. So I usually have poached egg on wholegrain toast with butter and some spinach leaves.

If I'm going after work, I wouldn't have anything as I wouldn't have time. But afterwards would have some chicken or fish, with some vegetables and some wholegrain rice.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy it. Are you planning on doing classes or gym workouts? xx
I hope to do about t of both really. Jst want that energy to get me gym ready x