• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had 1st band fill today

mummykcb

and what i a shock i got when they aspirated it to see how much they had put in because it said 3ml on the paperwork and the nurse wanted to make sure. There was not 3ml but 4.5ml in there. No wonder at first i was finding it difficult to go onto solids. But because i've been battling with hunger they upped it to 6ml already in a 10ml band. I've only had it just under 5 weeks.

Thats a big difference on the initial fill ~ hope this most recent one will help you!

Not really, its only 1.5ml. my surgeon put in 4.5ml but put on the paperwork that he only put 3ml in.

Lucky you!

You might not need as many fills.

My band was empty after opp and had 1 fill, think it was 4ml in now x

My first fill was from zero to 5ml and then 2ml month after.... no hanging around for me either :)

I had my first fill today, under x ray, and they started with 7ml in my 10ml band - this is going to be interesting :)

I had my first fill today, under x ray, and they started with 7ml in my 10ml band - this is going to be interesting :)

Get ready with that amount in one go! Don't be in a rush to get back onto solids x

Do indeed take it slowly, although the restriction was limited, I certainly felt it when I had 5mls put in at my first fill . . .but 2 weeks later I had another ml put in cos the hunger went through the roof! I found that the first fill stimulated the stomach . . .I've not had any extra put in now since 12th October, so it will be 3 months between my last and my next fill.

Do take it easy over the coming days :)

Back