• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

had first fill...what should i eat?

costaerer

i had my first fill yesterday.....he put 4ml in...so now i have 6ml in band!

my stomach looked sooooo small when i saw it on xray machine!!

i was just wondering from post op banders what is a good thing to eat tomorrow? when i can start eating again!? ive had a jelly and a yogurt to day and after one mouthful i was waiting ages for the next...cant imagine how hard its going to be with solids :-S

Hi

I cant really answer this one as I dont know what you were told was ok to eat so soon after your fill. After a fill I have to stick to liquids for 3 days, 3 days of sloppies then back onto food.

Each provider will have their own 'rules' re introducing food after a fill and its best to stick with what they advise.

oh well i guess i screwed up and went onto solids tonight lol!

if something doesnt agree with you, does it feel like bad indigestion?

I think you need to talk to your provider more about this...it sounds like they did not impart too much to you on what to do.

if you eat too fast or not chew enough that is when you have trouble.

Normal restriction means you should be aware of the food in each mouthful but it should not cause pain.

After my fill i was told sloppies for the first 24 hours then back to solids asap!! but every dietition is different !!

Hi, I had my first fill 5.5mls in and always have to follow the 3 day liquids and 3 days soft foods for further 3 days.

On my normal foods and boy can i tell the difference only able to eat a saucer size plate of food. Long may it stay like that, can't eat bread can feel it straight away starting to lodge like a cork in my pouch so really got to work out a healthy eating plan to get all my protein and vitamins in.

Think going on solid foods may have upset your system as dont forget the tube has saline going along the stomach somewhere and the band may cause the stomach to swell ( thats what i was told, also seen the barium going down, and the band in place wierd looking at your organs! )and when he added another 5mls then the drink would not budge.
He did some calulations and measurments and said i should lose 1 / 2 ibs week with the amount of restriction he had applied . Im happy with that now have to work on the head stuff............

Back