• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had a Good Day.

lyzzyanne

Happy shrinking bypasser!
Today was my sons birthday and the first celebration that I have had since my bypass. I religiously track everything I eat on My fitness pal, so today I treated myself to a very small slice of his birthday cake with no adverse effect.
Better than that one small slice was more than enough, didn't dump, but didn't get the same sweet pleasure that used to lead me into eating more than one or two slices in the past.

I feel good because I have joined in and not blown anything and we have had a great celebration !!!

Happy birthday to your son, & well done to you. I agree its great being able to have a little naughty on the odd occasion & not want more & whilst its not a habit we want to get into but special occasions its good to know its possible if we choose to.
Making our own cakes, puddings etc allows us to join in with the confidence that we won't dump if we use as low fat & sugar content ingredients as we can gives us even more control. It takes that dumping risk away a little more, not totally as I think it depends as well on what else we've eaten that day & we sometimes get a cumulative effect causing a dump.
Last year I made Christmas cakes & puddings for the family using Splenda instead of sugar, dark or light Agarve Syrup instead of treacle & golden syrup, vegetable suet instead of beef suet, Lurpac lightest instead of butter, I even used spelt flour instead of wheat flour do my dad who has a gluten allergy could have it to. Marzipan had Splenda rather than caster sugar although I used icing sugar, (but the Splenda is so fine it could almost be that to or perhaps whizzed in a blender for a bit to reduce it even more). They tasted great no where near as sweet as normal but brilliant if I say so myself, with a little thought its amazing what we can adapt to a healthier level to enjoy with others without the dumping risk or feeling deprived & not want to gorge ourselves on. Enjoy experimenting with the foods you & your family enjoy that can be made safer for you (in small amounts), & still be enjoyed by everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I know what you mean about not dieting, but I have been doing that for it seems like the whole of my life!!!!
Slowly getting there a mouthful at a time!!

Back