• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

had band...out of hospital!!

yey ive just had some nesquick its exactly what i needed! i feel so weak.......my head is feeling faint and dizzy :(

anyone got advice what to have to stop this faintness ?

From the sounds of it you are dehydrated, that will make you feel dizzy & nauseated. You must hydrate yourself, a minimum of 2L of fluid per day! Try drinking something with protein in like milk or broth. You can also water down your yogurt with a bit of milk so you can drink it. Dream mentioned ice lollies, I found them very useful to get fluids.

That should do the trick and soon you will be feeling much better.

Nic:)

Hi,yes sip,sip,sip and move about very slowly.

You had 12+ hours before op without food / drink and probably very dry after the oxygen given through the op so you will be very dehydrated.

Try and get some antic semetic tabs for nausea.

no one has mentioned about full fat milk.
do you think a milk shake made with semi skimmed milk and ice cream is a good or bad idea.....? i havent eaten anything today and only calories have been in my chocolate milk drink?

I dont know about that 1 to be honest but ive always wondered about full fat milk which i love and also people who fancy a beer in the future ive always wondered about Guinness in very small moderation has its full of iron and not fizzy so easier to drink in halves of course.

no one has mentioned about full fat milk.
do you think a milk shake made with semi skimmed milk and ice cream is a good or bad idea.....? i havent eaten anything today and only calories have been in my chocolate milk drink?

yes i think you could have both in the future. full fat milk is prob avoided more for calorie content and maybe in the beginning because its too rich!

urghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woke up this morning about 6.45 for some painkillers....just about managed to have 2 solpadol(dissolvable cocodamol)..they are soooo disgusting!
then like 45 min l8a started feeling really sick...thought i just needed to burp...then felt sicker and sicker till i finally puked! though there wasnt rly anything to puke!

now im really scared to take any painkillers because im not eating and all my stomach is getting is water and drugs! :(

urgh i feel like crap!

Sorry to hear you are feeling like this. Hopefully you will feel much better in the next couple of days. I can't really give much advice as not had my op yet. Please just try and drink drink drink I think ss milk is good.

hi you really need to up your fluids even water if you cant manage anything else try carrying a water bottle full of water and keep sipping ,or suck an ice lolly the reason your feeling so sick is lack of fluids, get in touch with your provider if you are still feeling ill hope you feel better soon x heather

hi felt a bit better this afternoon! had a bit of soup, 2 ice lollies and some ice cream!

but im finding after everything, water , soup, ice cream...anything i have to like burp to have more to drink!? its like i gotta wait ten mins and walk around after every sip/mouthful to have another! and its making me feel sick!!! then after the burp i can drink some more!?

anyone experienced this

I am not a bander but a I think I know what you mean and it did happen to me in the early days. I think it was the result of the gas they fill you up with plus swallowing air when you drink. I think I remember someone saying that using a straw helps with the air thing.

Nic:)

yes i often feel that heartburny, feeling where you need to burp and you have to wait till it comes you will still be swollen from your op and your band may feel tight which is why you need to only sip fluids,and very very slowly you will learn to feel when you need to stop or you will start with the burping , its all totally normal xxheather

blurgh! in 6 days ive managed one yogurt, half a cup of soup, and about 6 tea spoons of icecream!!

drinking is driving me mad also. i have to stand up after every sip to let a burp out!!

I SOOOO know that windy feeling....Just thinking about how it was when I first had my surgery is turning my stomach. I went to my Doctors at one point cos I though I was having a heart attack the wind pain was that bad.....It might be hard to believe right now but it really does get better...Keep strong and keep sipping!! xxx

hi....i actually dont have bad wind at all! i had one episode day after op which lasted ten min i was crying i was in that much pain but since ive had very little. its more indigestion and trapped gas that needs to be burped!
weirdly enough i went to the loo for a number 2 before(1st one since op...wasnt a pleasant experience !!) and since then ive been able to drink slightly more and slightly easier!

Hi I had my band fitted day after you and I have been drinking really well and burping well. I am not rubbing it in as I have suffered in other areas. I have been in severe pain from my stomach muscles I cant get in and out of bed or a car without a burning sensation to the right of my belly button it is so painful I feel like I am doing damage but saw Mr Khan Saturday and he checked me over and removed dressings and said everything was perfect. I have also had a wound infection so been on anti-biotics which taste vile but my surgeon said there was no evidence of it when I saw him so not sure why I am taking so long to feel human. Never mind onwards and upwards. Pureed food today yeah the taste is amazing ha

Back