• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had enough of pre op diet

clairer17

Hi all I'm in the middle of my 2nd week of liver reducing diet and my appetite has gone is thus normal ......Thank you

Hi all I'm in the middle of my 2nd week of liver reducing diet and my appetite has gone is thus normal ......Thank you

It sure is...I had that same problem when I was doing my liver shrinkage diet too. Before long it will be over...x

I was on the milk and yog diet after 8 days I dropped the yog altogether then on day 10 I was hardly having 3/4 of a pint of milk a day as I just wasn't hungry and the thought of yet more yogs/milk made me heave :(

Hi Butterfly -lady ....will it alter the effects of the liver shrinking if I didn't eat as much ...hope that makes sense can't honestly face much more dry salad

I did an Atkins style pre op diet and by the end of the 2nd week I couldn't even look at red meat, let alone eat it!!

Matra I feel like that with salad and veg at the moment I can tolerate veg more than salad ....but I'm not seeing a lot of difference on the scales so I'm worried I haven't shrunk my liver and I've stuck to it religiously. .....

Last edited:
I feel your pain Clairer17, I mid week through my 2nd week too and it sucks. I only get 3 shakes a day and thats it, so sick of them. What date is your surgery?

Hi Ginnywinny my date is 17 June Darlington Hosp co durham....need to stay strong and get through next few days

Hi clairer17, my surgeon told me not to worry what the scales were doing on the pre op diet. As long as you were sticking to items on your diet sheet your liver will be doing what it should be.

Good luck, it is all worth it!!

Thank you Matra ....ohhhhh I've stuck to what diet sheet says that's why I feel like I do ..no appetite any more .....

when I start my two week milk diet I will be aloud some sugar free jelly and was wondering is it ok to make it up and spread it over the day or do you have to have it at one time only

Ladies, you're nearly there. We've all been there, and its hard and its very stressful, but I promise you it will shrink your liver! Hang in there - you're doing ever so well!

It is very stressful! Is anyone else getting a bit emotional on the diet? I'm on milk... It's really awful. Only tomorrow to go!!

It is very stressful! Is anyone else getting a bit emotional on the diet? I'm on milk... It's really awful. Only tomorrow to go!!
i too did the milk :( I did it once for four weeks and then again for two preop.

i too did the milk :( I did it once for four weeks and then again for two preop.

I think we had the long haul preop diet yvessa..4 weeks for me too!
It was tough,but prepared me a lot for what was coming after the operation.
In all honestly I don't think 1/2 weeks is enough,more time on it and I think you benefit mentally and physically.

Back