• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had enough of pre op diet

Very true but only if you stick to it.

Hi all had op on Tuesday a really bad 12 hours but came home at 6pm yesterday...feeling sore this morning x

Glad your home Clairer17, sorry to hear you had a rough 12 hours, hope things improve,
keep us posted :)

Yves I start my pre op diet the milk one on monday, I am already feeling really emotional, snapping at the children, being really absent minded and distracted, did you feel like that.
I am really worried that food has got such a grip on me, I am not going to be able to cope, I could quite easily cry if I let myself!
Do you think I should get some anti depressants from the Dr, just so worried

Kate x

Yves I start my pre op diet the milk one on monday, I am already feeling really emotional, snapping at the children, being really absent minded and distracted, did you feel like that. I am really worried that food has got such a grip on me, I am not going to be able to cope, I could quite easily cry if I let myself! Do you think I should get some anti depressants from the Dr, just so worried Kate x

You will get through it. Food is fuel, not a friend or foe! Stay focused, look forward and be brave. It will set you up for after surgery. Xx

Yves I start my pre op diet the milk one on monday, I am already feeling really emotional, snapping at the children, being really absent minded and distracted, did you feel like that. I am really worried that food has got such a grip on me, I am not going to be able to cope, I could quite easily cry if I let myself! Do you think I should get some anti depressants from the Dr, just so worried Kate x

I felt exactly the same hon to start. Give it about 5 days and suddenly you will feel so much better. This is a really stressful time anyway as it is such a big op but you will be okay. Have a good cry hon - the milk diet is miserable and you deserve one!

totally agree... in the first couple of day of the LRD i could have literally eaten my own arm, but then my appertitie seemed to disapear completely. It was well worth it though as i needed to have a hernia repair done at the same time and the surgeon said depending on what they saw when they started, they might not be able to do the Bypass in the same op. Luckily though it all went text book and i had both done together - purely because i stuck to the pre op diet and shrunk my liver enough!! Good luck

Yves I start my pre op diet the milk one on monday, I am already feeling really emotional, snapping at the children, being really absent minded and distracted, did you feel like that.
I am really worried that food has got such a grip on me, I am not going to be able to cope, I could quite easily cry if I let myself!
Do you think I should get some anti depressants from the Dr, just so worried

Kate x

Hi Kate...I started mine on Monday just gone too. It is tough but we can do it!!! Xx

I start my pre-op diet next Weds. It scares me! 3x SlimFast meals/day. Tough.

Good luck Marcus, well done fento, I hope things are getting better on it....xx

On another thread we've been talking about ways to bulk out the pre-op diet.

Some of the best ideas:

* Freeze some of the milkshakes and have them as lollies
* Do the same with fruit teas (this is unlimited)
* Heat the milkshake and enjoy as a hot drink you can sip slowly

Back