• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had fill 4 days ago...

joujou

Hi,
Can any of you ladies shed some light on why I had my fill 4 days ago and all was well and this morning I've woken up finding it hard to drink anything let alone eat??? It feels tight, will this pass or should I get a de fill ???

It can take a good period of time post fill for it to take effect, this is usually why providers have a fixed period of time after a fill before you can have another one.

Can you drink? Does the liquid pass through? Are you unwell at all or time of the month as that can all make it tighter?

If you can drink and its going through ok, stay with liquids for a day or two, then try going back to mash/puree before then trying foods. But if you cannot drink its important that you follow this up sooner rather than later, but its always worth seeing if it will settle for a day or so first before having a defill.

I had a similar issue after my last fill - I had a cold and it was time of the month. After a couple of days everything got very tight. I wondered if it would calm down, but when I couldn't keep clear liquids down I had to go for a defill. It did take a few days to get to that point, it felt fine initially!
I phoned my provider to discuss it with a nurse - it's really worth having that conversation and asking their advice. The band cost me a lot of money, the least they can do is talk to me if I have an issue!

Good luck joujou!

Thanks ladies, I've woken up this morning able to swallow without any trouble, it might just have been "one of those days" ...... I'm on my 5th fill and never had this before! Thank goodness for this forum ?

thank goodness you're ok it is strange to get used to how things can feel from one day to the next :)

Back