• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had my bypass!

rosejohnson

Home from the USA :-(
I am posting from my hospital bed, and I had bypass op yesterday.

Been a bit groggy since, but feeling a bit better now, been up and walking today. IV morphine has been making me sick, but since the drain in my tummy came out this afternoon things have been a bit better.

Just had sips of water so far, and my tummy is really not sure of those, it sort of spasms when I swallow, but it will pass I am told.

I have 11 clips in the 5 incisions, so they will need to come out in a week.

I still have blue wee! I think it's the dye they put in to check for leaks. I think some came up my NG tube too as I now have a nice blue patch in my hair that won't wash out, it may be a permanent reminder!

All being well I will be discharged tomorrow. I will try and post a bit more details when I am home, in less pain and a bit more co-ordinated!!

Rx

Congrats on the op and being relatively pain free! Hoep you get home soon and have a swift recovery!

Take it easy Rose,have you read Pinkdaisys blog?She is doing fine too.Hugs to both of you((()))

glad you're with us OK Rose xxx

Glad to hear everything went well,Get plenty of rest & best wishes for a speedy recovery

Glad to hear you are ok and not in so much pain. Hope to be reading about your journey soon!! :) xxx

been thinking of u hunny, im back home now, all went well, hope ur feeling back to normal soon xxx

Wee a bypass and a blue rinse ! Nothing like service is there lol :p

Get some rest and have a speedy recovery

Congratulations hun!! Glad all went well!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Well just wanted to remind you Rose, you are a LOSER now! Had to laugh at your blue hair, my surgeon warned me that it could happen but he assured me it was temporary so don't worry. Take care, rest, keep sipping. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Nic;)

Back