• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had my bypass!

I don't want to say anything bad about wlsg, cos they are lovely, but they really really against me going to the NHS, kept saying to drink more water and I would be ok....

Mt Akhtar (my surgeon) was great, he wanted me to go back to Rochdale but I couldn't face the journey so he rang Sunderland everyday, he liaised with my doctors and nurses all the time.

I am going to see the NHS dietician as well as wlsg now, so I might be getting 2 lots of aftercare for the price of one!

Rx

Thanks, I have already lost 1st 8lbs so I am really pleased with that.

Currently weigh 17st3, started 18st11.

I can't wait to get under 17stone! Maybe by the weekend :)

Hi Rosejohnson

I'm so pleased that you have been sorted out....sounds like you surgeon was a bit worried.

Take care and well done on the weight loss so far

(((hugs)))

Rose
i'm so sorry you have had such a terrible 10 days, being taken back into hospital must have been frightening for you but so glad you got support from your surgeon. I really hope now this is the start of you getting better. Congratulations on your weight loss so far and lots of hugs for a speedy recovery x

Thanks everyone,

I do feel a lot better than I did, but still like I have been hit by a truck. Then again, I have just had major surgery.

Been signed off by GP for 3 weeks so lots of R&R (well, as much as you can with 3 children!).

My GP did make a lovely point that if I go back to work too early and get hit in the tummy everything could 'burst open'. That was a nice thought!!

Hi Rose,
I was in sunderland had my bypass last wednesday. I'm just wondering if i met you?? What ward were you on? I was on B25, I wasn't in a very good way on thursday so may have missed you which is a shame. Good Luck your doing really well so far!! xx

Hi Rose,

Hope you feel better soon.

I'm going for an appointment at WLSG Cobalt Business Park on 24/9 @ 14:00.

Are you still allowed to see WLSG if youve been treated by NHS?

Hayley

xxx

Hi Rose,
I was in sunderland had my bypass last wednesday. I'm just wondering if i met you?? What ward were you on? I was on B25, I wasn't in a very good way on thursday so may have missed you which is a shame. Good Luck your doing really well so far!! xx

Thanks, it doesn't feel like I am doing well!

I was on B26 and I only met people having bands until my last day when some bypasses came in. Shame. I was there Thursday to Monday I think.

How are you feeling now??

Rx

I can only stick around for my appointment unfortunately. I have to go straight back to work when I've finished. :(

xxx

Back