• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

had my op

chinsaway

well,the title says it all...came home yesterday from Luton where i had my bypass with Mr Barecca ( what a lovely man). felt a bit shell shocked afterwards as it was then it hit me what an enormous thing i had done and how it would change the rest of my life. Anyway, i'm home and resting and enjoying slim soup and yoghurt. one thing did suprise me..on the morning of my surgery i weighed 90.6 klgms , on my discharge, yesterday,after 4 days in hosp, two on sips water only and 2 nil by mouth, i weighed 93.6kgms...where did the extra weight come from? was someone feeding me pies in my sleep? weighed this morning and down to 92kgms. whats going on?;)

Congratulations on your op the extra weight is probably where they pumped you full of air! I am in Luton hospital now feeling bloated, and like you I was shell shocked too but I am ok now

good luck glad it al went well i belive they put water in to see if there is any leeks and your body slows down any way keep going

thanks guys, feeling much better in myself now, no pain just i little discomfort and general weakness but every day a little better. now able to relate to a lot of the posts on here and enjoying the company. good luck to you allx

Congrats xx Is your surgeon the 'new' one ?

Yes my weight went up but it soon comes down.Get plenty of sleep,Im 3 weeks out and still have a couple of hours of an afternoon.If you feel tired,sleep.Drink as much as you are comfortable with,its very easy to get dehydrated.Best of luck,every day is better than the last and by week 2/3 you will be great!Maz x

Congrats and well done!
The initial weight gain is perfectly normal, it'll soon come down, not to worry. Same thing happened to me. They pump you full of fluids and you're probably not going to the loo for a few days as well. It'll all pass. I would strongly advise not to weigh until about two weeks after surgery.

I have just been weighed and I have put on 2kg since yesterday!! So yes its normal the nurse just said

Congrats hun - hope you recovery well xx

Thinking of you Angel, rest and relax, you have done so well, don't rush anything... keep sipping and building up... it gets so much easier as the weeks go on... I gained 5lbs in hospital with the drips etc... it's only liquids and it'll soon go.

Here for you. Love and hugs xxx

Hope you are both doing ok today Chinsaway and msunique, Will you be going home today?

Lynne x

I should be able to the surgeon is coming to see me this morning so I will know soon

Back