• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Had my Sleeve finally done following 4 yrs on the program

Chipie2206

Hi all, as the title says, I have finally had my Gastric sleeve done. I am currently 2 days post op and the belly pain is still quite considerable. I also had a 4" hernia removed, which was pushing onto my stomach. I was wondering if anyone can give any tips on how to make my liquid diet, more satisfying. I am craving savoury but everything seems so sweet or bland. I am fed up with slimfast and just want something that fixes the lack of taste.
Thanks in advance and well done to you all

Bling Babe

Hi all, as the title says, I have finally had my Gastric sleeve done. I am currently 2 days post op and the belly pain is still quite considerable. I also had a 4" hernia removed, which was pushing onto my stomach. I was wondering if anyone can give any tips on how to make my liquid diet, more satisfying. I am craving savoury but everything seems so sweet or bland. I am fed up with slimfast and just want something that fixes the lack of taste.
Thanks in advance and well done to you all
Hi and welcome to the losers bench, maybe you could try a stock cube mixed into hot water, there are many different flavours and obviously all are savour, I used to have them when I was on the milk diet, a chicken stock cube in hot water is delicious just Like very thin chicken soup.
good luck

Chipie2206

Thankyou for the advice. 6 days pre op and the pain has gone down substantially. My upper part of the belly is still very sore but that is to be expected. I tried chicken stock but tasted bland, so got some chicken oxo cubes to try instead. Thankyou once again. Any help is truly appreciated

Kev_h

Congratulations @Chipie2206 and welcome to the losers bench!

Well, the first thing I will say is that everyone is different and what you personally can tolerate is not to be confused with anyone else's experience. But after saying that, I was having Campbells chicken soup that was sieved and watered down with (fortified) milk on day 3-4 after my gastric sleeve. You do not want any bits at all this early on and you will probably only manage a few teaspoons full. Don't push it and give your stomach time to heal. Time will fly by and you'll be onto puree before you know it.

Relax, give yourself time and remember why you've had this operation done.

Take care. :)

Chipie2206

Congratulations @Chipie2206 and welcome to the losers bench!

Well, the first thing I will say is that everyone is different and what you personally can tolerate is not to be confused with anyone else's experience. But after saying that, I was having Campbells chicken soup that was sieved and watered down with (fortified) milk on day 3-4 after my gastric sleeve. You do not want any bits at all this early on and you will probably only manage a few teaspoons full. Don't push it and give your stomach time to heal. Time will fly by and you'll be onto puree before you know it.

Relax, give yourself time and remember why you've had this operation done.

Take care. :)
Thankyou so so much, I truly appreciate the lovely comment and sound advice

Bling Babe

Thankyou for the advice. 6 days pre op and the pain has gone down substantially. My upper part of the belly is still very sore but that is to be expected. I tried chicken stock but tasted bland, so got some chicken oxo cubes to try instead. Thankyou once again. Any help is truly appreciated
Sorry I should have said OXO, that what I used x