• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair Loss advice please?

kell

Hi all, Im coming up to 6 months post Bypass and I've noticed im losing hair rapidly :eek:

Does anyone have any advice on what I can do to help this problem? Any suppliments or particular foods that will help?

Thanks guys :) x

I have been advised that lots of protein food, Silica 2500 plus and Perfectil may all help.

hair loss

Protein...protein and more protein! My hair was very fine and thin before having surgery so this was/is a huge fear of mine. I found this product you can buy online or in a Sallie's Beauty store. It is called TOPIK. It is amazing!!! It is a micro fiber hair follicle powder that you basically dust onto the balding/white scalp parts and it fills it in. I have been using it and noone even notices. In fact everyone keeps telling me how great my hair looks....so much fuller :eek: That's what i want to hear!

thanks for the tip on the Topik Jennifer I must admit it is one of my fears too as my hair is baby fine.
I am having my op tomorrow so will know what to buy if I have a problem

Kell Jennifer is right lots of protein and vitamins and Silica or Selenium and hopefully that should help, although my dietician said most people will see some hair loss of varying degrees in the first 12 months after bypass.
I also watched a video which recommended massaging your scalp for a few minutes every day in circular motion, and that will help keep the blood flowing to the hair follicles which should help with healthier growth
Anything is worth a try lol good luck

Jay xx

A friend of mine was advised to take selenium by the hospital so it must have some effect. It does slow down so dont get too worried.

Ive had hair loss before from another illness and found seakelp did the trick for me, but in the mean time i dyed my hair lighter as if its lighter you cant see the contrast between hair and scalp as mush, and i altered my hair style to cover up the top of my scalp were the hair loss had come from.

delly x

Although im still pre op my surgeon has already told me that by keeping up my protien and taking selenium and iron suppliments (which can be on prescription from your gp or bought over the counter) that although it will not stop hairloss it can help to reduce the amount , but that as everyone is different this can not be guaranteed.

Thanks for all your replies. Im already taking selenium and iron so think I'll try upping my protein, see if that helps :) x

Back