• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair Loss after 4 months - please help

Hi,
Im just wondering if i started taking zinc etc before my op woud it make any difference?
Vicky x

Tbh, unlikely, I was taking supplements for months before my op but my hair is still falling out by the handful...but like DC says, who knows how bad it would end up if you didn't start taking them? xx

I was put on zinc tablets just after my op and had minimum hair loss xxx

I have very long hair which has always been thought of as very thick, but was actually fine but there was tons and tons of it, and had my op last May. Nothing happened to my hair until about 5 months out when I started losing it big time and it has only just now stopped. It looked awful on the brush as with long hair it just wraps and wraps itself round the brush and looks like tons.
I didn't take anything extra as I knew that it's all part of the inescapable process of the changes brought on by the op and that it *would* stop eventually, which it now has. Its quite funny seeing it all grow back around the other hair and its lovely hair and no more added grey than before.

In short, don't worry, you can't stop it and nothing you can take or do will change what's happening so just accept that in a few months you'll suddenly start getting a new batch of volume at the roots :)

Hi all
I started to loose mine after a month, I have always had short hair anyway, but its breaking and receeding from the sides... dunno what to do but plod on really and take my vits and stuff.
Glad to read its alot more common than I thought. Suppose not worrying about it too much helps. this weather doesnt help either.

Have a good day all xx

Mines been falling out big-time for about the past 2 months. I had it cut a couple of weeks ago and it's suddenly gone really curly. It used to be very long and although it was fine there was loads of it.
It's much less noticeable since I had it cut shorter. Like most people have said, I think it's an inevitable effect of weight loss. A pain but I'd still rather have the weight loss. It'll grow back in again eventually. :D and then I'll be slim with long gorgeous hair!

Hmmm do I want to be fat and hairy or skinny and bald ???

I chose skinny and bald and a good excuse to wear my large collection of wigs !

Not meaning to make light of this topic as it is a scary prospect for a lady to lose her 'crowning glory' especially when the rest of you is starting to look better.

I used to have nearly waist length hair but last year I had it cropped really short just for a change. I'm now growing it a bit as I keep getting told I look like Jo Brand and, no offence Jo, I don't take that as a compliment !!

i have no shame whats so ever in saying my hair is very important to me, and id be devestated if any more of mine comes out!! im taking a hair skin and nails tab now, and will continue to do so until problem fixs 'hopefully' xx

Back