• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair...Really Need Advice and help x

Hi Emma, we had our opps around the same time and my hair has been falling out for about a month now too, I had mine all cropped shorter a while back anyway but the texture has definitely altered as well as getting thinner. Its not as noticable because of all my layers tho, I wonder if you could have layers in your hair if you don't already - I am not sure what it is like now! xx

Hi dell
My hair is too fine for layers, but I've bought a brush grace on here mentioned, and it's lovely got it from boots this morning.
And also bought some perfectil vitamins.

Thanks amrac

I've bought some things to help me this morning so I feel a bit better,I hope my hair does come back curly!
I'd love that x

Hello! I've just checked your surgery date and you are RIGHT on the mark for noticing hair loss post surgery. Many folks go through this and I most certainly did.

I could have knit an entire basket of kittens with my loss. Surely-you can try supplements and topicals (shampoo)-but most likely this is your body's response to your surgery and drop in protein levels.

The good news is that you will very soon start to notice some new growth. If you don't see it yet-you will.

Go to your mirror and push your fringe back a bit. Look closely-as you will see or shortly see some adorable little "baby hairs" sprouting up.

This is not a permanent condition and you are right on schedule from what I can tell.

Hang in there!

I know when I realized I could see those little new growths coming up-it really helped ease my mind that I would not have a reverse mohawk for all time. LOL!

i had really bad hair loss to my already very fine hair and developed a bit of a bald spot on the crown. i was mortified and got very anxious as my hair loss seemed to drag on a bit longer than the surgeon said it would. i worried that it was never going to get better but finally i have started to see some improvement. i didn't have much luck with wash out products such as shampoos / conditioners and gave up very quickly. I used Bedhead "Small Talk" thickifier as a cheat when blowdrying - my mum also swore by this when her hair thinned following chemo.

Thanks Jayne,

I'm just using my herbal essence shampoo and conditor,and my great little brush grace recommended.
It's certainly becoming more worrying my hairloss as it's just shredding all over my clothes,in the brush etc.
But I don't think there's anything you can do to rectify this now.
I've just got to ride it out...xx

Back