• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair...Really Need Advice and help x

emma-louise

my new life!!
I've posted before asking about hairloss but hoping for more help this time...as I'm so desperate.
Ok,hair is coming out big time and I'm very thin,so at this rate I'm going to have nothing.
I'm on zinc and selenium,For the hair.
Zinc I'm struggling with it makes me sick.
What else can I do or take?
As also for some reason my hair is also falling out but also getting very tangly for some reason.
I'm wondering whether to buy perfectil from boots, has anyone had this and noticed any difference?
And when is it likely to stop??
Please can anyone advise as didn't get much response last time when posted and I'm desperate,before I go bald,I also have protein shakes most days
Xx

The problem is your hair condition now reflects your diet 2-3 months ago, so it can't be fixed immediately. Have you asked your hairdresser for advice on which products to use and whether a cut would help disguise it?

Are you eating enough protein? This is vital for your hair.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Hi shellbel,
Taking all my vitamins,selenium and tried the zinc but it's horrid,I also have protein shakes,
And I did have my hair cut shorter.
Have you tried perfectil or know anyone who has?

Sorry hun I dont know anyone whos used perfectil but I don know a lot of these expensive products arent going to help us bypassers, like Shel said it like it is now because of what was happening months ago. All you can do is take your supplements and maybe use a hair thickening shampoo.........then keep everything crossed like me! Im almost bald too Xx

i have used this tab from boots the hair skin n nails one, and i have to say i thought i noticed a differance to my hair at the front of the scalp it wasnt so thin...and you could see stright through my hair to the scalp in a big horse shoe shape at the front and now theres small patchs where you cant where the hair has got thicker.... its worth a try right?.... ive also started using alcepin shampoo, and the liquid solution you rub straight into the scalp x

Hi cherry
Do u mind posting the things you use that you think have made a difference,
I used that shampoo what bev recommend and my hair just is a complete tangle after using it,so it's mo good for me.
I was also going to buy some perfectil from boots have u tried those at all?

Awww Em., I'm sorry about the shampoo I use, my hair is short so I'm fine and it's the only one that's thickened my hair, but I'd like to try this one in Boots that Kell has discovered... so far my hair is ok... but I'm waiting... xxx

yes those tabs your on about were the ones i took, i felt they worked, i know the shampoo your on about its the grey elvive, i thought this alcepin would do that, as its aimed at men, again, BUT it doesnt my hair is very long down my back and doesnt tangle......i use

alcepin shampoo
alcepin, liquid nozzle solution that applies direct to scalp after shampooing....

Not to worry bev,
I'm glad you recommended the shampoo,as at least I can try.
But it's not for me as it gets so tangled,and as my hair is do thin I end up pulling more out brushing the tangles out x

For the tangling, I would highly recommend a clever little gadget called a tangle-teaze.

Available from Amazon, not cheap at about £12 but well worth the money. I use mine all the time and it de-tangles like magic without pulling too much hair out.

For the tangling, I would highly recommend a clever little gadget called a tangle-teaze.

Available from Amazon, not cheap at about £12 but well worth the money. I use mine all the time and it de-tangles like magic without pulling too much hair out.

thanks grace for that tip,

ive just looked them up and wondering if my boots will stock as Im definetly getting one,do you use them?

Hi Emma-Louise, Sally's (a chain of hair products shops) sell the tangle teazer. I know there is one in Stretford Arndale and Sale. I've used one on my youngest for the past 2yrs and wouldn't be without it.

thanks rebirth,

i have a sallys local to me,so ill try boots tommorow and if they dont have one ill go sallys.
does it really work?
my hair is always tangled now since the op.i dont know why its happened?

Em., I always use conditioner... do you use it after shampooing? Hope you are feeling better today precious... worry makes things worse... love yourself and relax Angel... thinking of you xxx

didnt want to read and run. I was told by my hairdresser to have mu hair cut regularly - this apparently stimulates growth, also to use any good quality shampoo and conditioner.
Other things to try would be folic acid (your prob already having this) and ensure you maintain vitamins etc.
Please be reassurred that this is very common post wls and usually occurrs 3-9 months post op. It also usually rectifys itself after this time. I had my op last March and by Sept my hair was falling out big time. It now seems to be growing back - slightly curlier than it used to be!
Dont despair!
xxxxxxxxxx

Back