• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair Loss help please!

Lola K

I had my surgery 5 months ago, and have had no problems at all ..... 7 stone weight loss, feeling fabulous! - HOWEVER, my hair now seems to be shedding at a much higher rate than previously, I am really noticing that it is falling out and is much thinner....... is there anything I can do or take for this??? help would be very much appreciated. xxxx

Are you taking all the vitamins you were told to take and havingt a B12 injection?
Lynne x

Hi

I know its a worry but dont. My op was May and by Christams it was falling out in handfulls. It did stop and now is going back. It was really noticeable round my parting where it looked like I was going bald. I took it as my bodys way of coping with what I had done to it.I had my hair cut shorter to help it thicken up as the new hair grows.It was fairly long before but went sooo thin due to the loss.

Well done with the weight loss by the way that is fantastic

Trust me it will stop and grow back

Love and hugs

Jo
xx

Don't panic it will right itself. You are fairly late starting with this I began at 6 weeks and continued to 9 months. At 2 years it has reighted otself and I have lovely thick shiny haor again. Selinimum and zinc is what to take

HTH

M

Thats the names, lol, I have been downstairs looking in my discharge folder to find out the names of the vits they told me to get if my hair started to fall out.
Lynne x

Thanks so much guys. I have been taking forceval, calcium and vit D, but will have to add some zinc and selinium to my list. - I am glad you think its only temporary ;-) xxx

It is only temporary. Like the others I lost a lot of hair when I was on Cambridge diet and also when I was on chemotherapy years ago, but it grows back. Try not to worry coz that won't help a thing.
Lynne x

Back