• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

hair loss

Paula1975

I did read when i joined about hair loss/thinning. Mine is now started to fall out, brushing/washing my hair seems to be loads on the brush, in the shower, once the calcium etc kicks in will this slow down, or is it more to do with what we eat?

Keeping up protein is what I was told..
even taking medication/vitamins/special hair potions didn't stop the hairloss.
I was careful not to put extra stress on the hair when brushing,I bought a tangle teezer brush.. A god send!

i used to have beautiful shiny hair i was proud of now it is short dull and still coming out :( nothing seems to help as Emma louise said try not to put too much strain on it that's why i had all mine cut off because it was just dragging it down :(

I'm just past the 3 months mark, and have had mine cut short as it seems to be coming out quite a bit, so thought short would be better and less styling and no hair dryer either now.. But I have highlights put in mine, which I suppose isn't a great thing to do to discourage the hair loss. Am hoping it will stop after a while, but not so sure now I have read your post Angie...

Hi

Hair loss is quite normal after WLS, mine started at 12 weeks and had stopped by about 18 weeks, its all to do with your bodies way of reacting to the sudden reduction in nutrient intake, suddenly the body needs to hold on to everything it gets for the important functions and none important functions like hair and nails suffer for a few weeks until your body gets used to the new eating regime, so don't panic, it will be over with before you know it.

Paul

sorry i didn't mean to scare you :) but unfortunately it's true and i don't have lovely long nails now either they just keep breaking :( but it will improve as said previously and everybody is different :)

Hi

I'm five years on, just wanted to share it does get better. My body adapted, my nails and hair did suffer at 1st but I persevered with very high protein always eating that 1st in any meal and then carbs or anything else if I had room. If anything my hair and nails are stronger than before in my life.

So it gets better, just follow the instructions given by your teams!

Anna x.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back