• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hair loss

caraline

Hiya I haven't been on here for a while, So! Hi everyone. lol.

I had my opp near 5 month ago. and I have noticed I am starting to lose a lot of hair, Has anyone had the same trouble. and what did you use to prevent it?

You can't prevent it chuk. But it will stop eventually. Mine stopped at about 12 months post op. luckily I have thick hair.

I had thick Hair happy days. but now its getting pretty thin. I was worrying thinking that I will end up bald lmao x

No it will stop lol.

I found my fringe the worst. Had to keep getting it cut further back to make it look thicker.

My fringe is awful too. I've gone to a side fringe now, in the hope the it'll look better. But it doesn't :-(

Hiya Caraline,
My hair's gone very thin too. I mentioned it at my post surgery appointment and Mr Small said that about 20% of people after surgery get this. It's to do with the anaesthetic - I've also got ridges on my nails, because your body just focuses on keeping you alive so everything else shuts down, apparently. It's called telogen effluvium if you google it it describes my hair loss to a tee. I've now got a short bob because the whole bottom layer of my hair fell out!!!
I hear you're looking fab, sorry I missed you at Halloween, maybe we can have a festive catch up - can't believe it's almost 6 months since our ops! x

This is something i am very concerned about and i am 3 months post op my hair is something i do actually like about myself so really worry it will all fall out so your certainly not alone.

Hi
I'm almost 5 months out too and have started loosing more hair than normal. I've always had some hair loss as I've been lucky to have very thick hair. I thought I was being paranoid about the hair loss until my sister asked me if I was ok today because she'd noticed thin patches! Luckily I have a dietician appointment tomorrow so can check if it's a particular deficiency and whether there is anything that will prevent it getting worse. Overall it's a small sacrifice for the massive benefits I've already experienced.

Nothing you can really do hun. I was advised to up my protein and fluid intake by my team. It does however stop eventually and it will start to regrow & thicken up again. Mine is starting to now. I did have to get my hair cropped though as no amount of titivating it was going to make it look good anymore and that was an enormous help.

Hey ya Caraline,
I asked the dietician at RSH when we were there and she said its normal and it will settle. I asked about the extra multivits for hair and nails as another lady recommended that too me. She said there is not scientific proof that they work but I would not be doing any harm if I took that and my multivits. So I started taking them and I seem to be losing less hair now but nails are still not growing like before and all break and split. I also had super thick hair before op and I was scared I was losing so much I would end up as bald as hubby. my fringe seems to be the worse offender too. When I went to the coffee morning at the metro a lady there said to increase my protein intake too which will help. So I do top up with protein shakes occasionally. Hope you and Lisa will make the meeting at Sunderland Hospital this month. We will get to work out which plastics we will be able to go for once we reach targets. xxx Huge hugs and your hair and you looked beautiful. You can not tell it had thinned at all. Just your body is super slim now. Huge congrats and well done honey xx

Aww thanks kate, it has stopped coming out has much now. Thankgod. Lmao I thought I was going to be bald for christmas. Anyway I hope you are feeling a bit better by the time you read this, with you been in hospital. And I really hope they given you plenty pain relief. Good luck with your weightloss its coming off really well. You will be in a 16 before you no it. And I am going to wait to see the plastic's. We will go together hun every step of the journey xxx

Back